Oilers Broadcast changes

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
That isn't a big deal. He's been getting phased out anyway.

My issue with Quinn, besides the fact that he butchers names constantly, is that his voice is associated with the Decade of Darkness for me. Not really his fault but a fresh voice would be welcomed.
Overtimeeeee winnnnnneeeeeeeer!

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
I really like listening to Jack and Bob, Jack brings a lot of excitement to his calls and Bob is really knowledgeable about the game would love to see them do a three man crew with Louie between the benches.

Reactions: Former Referee 68

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I wouldn't mind seeing a recently retired guy like Mark Letestu take Remenda's job.

Well spoken guy that was very respected in the locker room and had a good relationship with the media. I think his analysis would be valuable.

Reactions: Oilhawks and Kolja

ardsa

Apr 9, 2012
I finished listening to the "Inside the Truck" podcast from Jan 5. My speculation flows from the information within that.

Only one camera crew will be at games this year supplying both the home and away video feed. This feed will feel a lot more like a national feed than we are used to for regional games. (think 60% home 40% away bench/player/GM focus)

Home commentary will be done in arena.
Away commentary will be done off monitor from studio or a truck in away arena.

I suspect that Sportsnet will only have a single broadcast. e.g. if Oilers are playing Canucks the will show the exact same broadcast for both teams. This is similar to what Edmonton/Calgary get a few times a year, but it will likely feel a lot more like a HNIC broadcast.

I suspect that we may see a crews based in Vancouver, Alberta, Toronto for the year. I have not looked at the overlap of Cal/Edm home nights but I suspect there may be single crew assigned to produce home games in Alberta. Away games may be a bigger mix of Sportsnet crews.

HNIC games broadcast from Winnipeg, Ottawa, and Montreal may be called off monitor in Toronto or Alberta.

Reactions: oilers'72

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I won't miss his pants audibly straining from his erection when he talks about Logan Couture that's for damn sure
upload_2021-1-7_14-18-18.jpeg

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Yeah, my biggest complaint with him has always been the sidebar conversations mid-play and even had him DM reply to me in a Twitter comment about it. His reaction suggests he wouldn't change that, but on TV sidebar's may actually add to the broadcast when there is a bit of a lull in the play.

He DMs me too saying talking like were best friends or something ahahaha

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I've always liked Quinn's "Overtime Winner" call. Sure he makes mistakes but unless Cuthbert replaces him, I'd like him and Gene to stay.

I've never liked Remenda nor Jack Michaels, so both can go. Would like Louie back for sure.

I can deal with his voice and the way he calls it, but I'm not sitting there listening because I want to hear him and Bob bs and bicker.

Thankfully I don't get caught having to listen very often unless it's away at an Eastern City.

Reactions: WildlandCJ2

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Little birdie told me Quinn is not returning, and Jack Michaels will be doing both radio AND tv :(

Thats my worst nightmare
Great. Time to listen to Michaels talking to Boob about his weekend instead of what's happening on the ice

skeena1

May 15, 2006
Considering all games in the Canadian Division are vs. other Canadian teams and Rogers has regional contracts with 3.5 Canadian teams, plus national broadcasting rights, I could see it happening at least for this year that they assign him to a Western team.

Why would they do that? Each west city already has a guy who actually lives there. I think Quinn once said he moves to Edmonton semi-permanently each season. Cuthbert doesn't live in any of those places afaik.

Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad