Oilers Broadcast changes

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
Whoo, dunno about the tv broadcast but tonight's radio guy is fn awesome, and so effective boob hardly gets a word in edgewise. now this is play by play boys n girls

Also if your sound sucks on snet west try a different channel, i have bell and for years the 2nd audio feed has been shit, either the pbp is hardly audible and commercials and panel are crazy loud or vise verse . None of the other snet feeds are like that.

Last edited:

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Whoo, dunno about the tv broadcast but tonight's radio guy is fn awesome, and so effective boob hardly gets a word in edgewise. now this is play by play boys n girls

Listening to him for the first time. Not a single irrelevant factoid or rabbit trail yet, except for what Bob inflicts on him. And even there, Bob sounds a lot more reined in than with Jack.

Cam Moon, my friends.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I thought the new Sportsnet guy sounded fine. He just needs to work on his "Scoooores!" call, which is still pretty bad. But usually it takes play-by-play guys a few years to make that sound cool.

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
I thought the new Sportsnet guy sounded fine. He just needs to work on his "Scoooores!" call, which is still pretty b ad. But usually it takes play-by-play guys a few years to make that sound cool.
I think hes terrible. Hes like 2 seconds behind

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
And no more OILERS radio network.

Gorgeous. Just gorgeous. As long as I can't attend any in-person games this year, this is going to be my biggest highlight of the season.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Also if your sound sucks on snet west try a different channel, i have bell and for years the 2nd audio feed has been shit, either the pbp is hardly audible and commercials and panel are crazy loud or vise verse . None of the other snet feeds are like that.

Sounds like a win win. TV broadcast has been excellent. Night and day from yesterday. Jack and Louie have good chemistry.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Just need Gene back now.

Really liking Jack on TV and I'm happy to hear that Cam is killing it on the radio as well.

Last edited:

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Another great goal call. No fluff. No cliches. Just a straight up "SCOOOORES!!!!"

Move Jack to TV permanently.

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
I guess I'm thinking relative to recent Oilers' broadcasters... which have been horrid.

(Speaking here as a guy who remembers Bruce Buchanan in the 80s.)
Actually, Im a dummy. I was watching the Canucks sportsnet feed. That guy is bad.
Didnt even realize Oiler feed was on.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I really liked Michaels. He just has to learn he doesn’t need to fill dead air with the location or time anymore, we can see them haha other than that I liked his calls

Reactions: oilers'72

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Great choice to bring in Cam Moon.

Michaels, can at times, do justice on the radio but TV seems more of his element. That would be awesome to have both an awesome broadcast AND radio play by play voices.

Kudos to Moon for bringing it. Impressed so far!!

Reactions: oilers'72

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Who is Moon? I don't watch anything between periods.

As far as Michaels several mistakes today. On one play he had Nuge taking the shot when it was McD. On another he had Nuge making a perfect backhand on a goal when it was Drai. seems like michaels defers to Nuge a lot. Gets confused with the calls a lot and is still calling radio, on TV. For instance first time ever I've seen "you're watching this live" on a hockey telecast. Of course we are. On another he's describing puck advancing as if its radio. Gets it up to center line, gets it up to blueline heh, stop it, we're not blind. All hd has to say is clears the puck. Some of his player pronunciations had me scratching my head. 3 times had to rewind to double check what player he was talking about. not a real clear voice, it drags a lot. he kind of slurs his speech.

I'll take the broadcast, but I liked yesterday more.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Who is Moon? I don't watch anything between periods.

As far as Michaels several mistakes today. On one play he had Nuge taking the shot when it was McD. On another he had Nuge making a perfect backhand on a goal when it was Drai. seems like michaels defers to Nuge a lot. Gets confused with the calls a lot and is still calling radio, on TV. For instance first time ever I've seen "you're watching this live" on a hockey telecast. Of course we are. On another he's describing puck advancing as if its radio. Gets it up to center line, gets it up to blueline heh, stop it, we're not blind. All hd has to say is clears the puck. Some of his player pronunciations had me scratching my head. 3 times had to rewind to double check what player he was talking about. not a real clear voice, it drags a lot. he kind of slurs his speech.

I'll take the broadcast, but I liked yesterday more.

Edit...: I suspect you’re completely alone on this.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Edit...: I suspect you’re completely alone on this.

Tons of people didnt like Michaels at all on radio. I never listen to radio so I'm not familiar with him at all. Its subjective, people like different things. He's probably an improvement over Kevin Quinn, but anybody would be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad