Oilers Broadcast changes

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
We’d be down 3 or 4 goals if we were playing Toronto or Montreal tonight. Geez.

Why can’t this team start with any jump ever?

Reactions: Aerchon

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
Singh is being pretty subdued, im sure he's fighting the urge to break into Punjabi, seemed more animated on those broadcasts .
Thats a real possibility.
I wonder if hes done many games in English. Its gotta take a fair bit of work to not start talking punjabi

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Listen to American broadcasts , and see how the Oilers broadcast crew was easily bottom 3/5 in the league.

uh, this is just super wrong. you are right that there are some excellent regional broadcast teams in the states, but there are also a whole bunch of terrible ones. Edmontons was at LEAST average.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If Jack was commentating we would have won. How dare Rogers stiff us with monotone Singh, dude is worse than Quinn. Actually Quinn was quite a bit better.

My fear is we’ll hear a lot of Singh this season, is this how it’ll be?

OfCorsiDid

Ah shit, here we go again
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
The only explanation I saw on Twitter (unverified source may be fake) was that Jim Hughson is refusing to travel to call games for SN. So he’ll be only calling local Canucks games.

If this is true, then Singh stepping in might have been a last minute fix because Randorf left. I imagine we’ll probably see Cuthbert call the east game with likely Quinn/Shorthouse/Michaels covering the west games on HNIC.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
The only explanation I saw on Twitter (unverified source may be fake) was that Jim Hughson is refusing to travel to call games for SN. So he’ll be only calling local Canucks games.

If this is true, then Singh stepping in might have been a last minute fix because Randorf left. I imagine we’ll probably see Cuthbert call the east game with likely Quinn/Shorthouse/Michaels covering the west games on HNIC.
Is Quinn still employed by Sportsnet? The tweet we saw posted earlier in the thread implied, IMO, that both he and Remenda had moved on.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
If only we could afford Joe Rogan. At this point I think it’s time to focus more on DMT then D coverage or lack of

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
This was Hamarayan Singh's first English PBP. He's the PBP on the Punjabi broadcasts. I found him decent. His English is good and, if he continues on the English side, he can develop his personality.

As for Hughson, he's probably doing the Canucks' national broadcasts, as Shorehouse is doing the regional broadcasts. So, it'll be a tossup for the Edmonton, Calgary and Winnipeg national games.

Harnarayan Singh calling play-by-play of tonight's Canucks-Oilers game | Offside

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->