Pre-Game Talk: Oilers @ Boston Thursday 10/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010

Todd is the biggest f***ing moron on the planet. PERIOD. This clown drops JP to essentially the fourth f***ing line and HS the only f***ing defenseman who is capable of a break out pass just so he can keep the f***ing give away machine Benning in the lineup. I hope they go 0-5 to start the season just so this f***ing moron is gone. Replaced the assistant coaches when the problem was the moron at the head of the table. What a joke fans need to rally together and get on Todds ass during home games this shit is bordering on incompetence at this point.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
The pp sucks all life out of the rest of the game. 5v5 there is an argument we don't have enough depth or skill or are too young and nothing might change. The pp sucks despite having the best offensive talent (one player) in years on it. Gotta work your strengths.

Point is a bad PP won't sink a team that's decent at 5v5, but a great PP won't save a team that sucks at evens.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Forgot? The average leafs fan is probably 20something yrs old. Or it seems that way. The only thing they really know is that they are from Toronto and to look down at any other fanbase.

Leafs and their fanbase were always trolls. They were trolling Gretzky when Harold Ballard was the owner.

I was born in 69 and I watched hockey all my life. Growing up in NS back then u were a Hab or Leaf. I hated the Habs and I just couldn’t bring myself to like the Leafs. I actually liked the Nova Scotia Voyageurs (AHL) who were probably better then many NHL teams. They were a farm team of the Habs and the Habs win 4 straight . I hooked on to the Oilers in 79-80

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
So Stauffer just emphatically stated that Gulutzan is running the PP, not Viveiros. Mr 28th in the league last year with Calgary. Interesting?

Well Vivieros wasn't specifically brought in to run the PP immediately, as he had no previous NHL experience. He was doing video and "eye in the sky" stuff I think.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
You start to wonder about our pro scouting.

Last year they bring in Jokinen, everyone says "well, pretty solid bet, maybe he'll have a bounce back year". Nope, gone pretty quickly.

Now they bring in Brodziak, everyone says "well, pretty solid bet, he'll shore up the PK and 4th line". Now maybe he's being scratched?

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
How does Kassian get promoted after doing nothing all of last season and this preseason and first game. My lord, Todd is trying to get fired. He must have a snowbird timeshare booked somewhere. Wants to get out of dodge by November.

Pulju gets dropped to 4th line. This is going to get ugly. Good thing theres no home games for awhile.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting

Last year they bring in Jokinen, everyone says "well, pretty solid bet, maybe he'll have a bounce back year". Nope, gone pretty quickly.

Now they bring in Brodziak, everyone says "well, pretty solid bet, he'll shore up the PK and 4th line". Now maybe he's being scratched?

Many things are a cause of wonder regarding McLellan. I did think Brodz played well in preseason. But brodziak was bad in Europe. Not sure what happened, or any injury. But he looked really off and the 4th line was scored against 3 times so its reason for concern.

Reactions: PulYou

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Florida fires their coach when they have a winning records and we do squat when its OBVIOUS that Mclellan doesn't belong in the NHL.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
How does Kassian get promoted after doing nothing all of last season and this preseason and first game. My lord, Todd is trying to get fired. He must have a snowbird timeshare booked somewhere. Wants to get out of dodge by November.

Pulju gets dropped to 4th line. This is going to get ugly. Good thing theres no home games for awhile.

I'm guessing the rationale is that they've got Caligula and Jesse to forecheck with speed on the one line, and Kassian and Rieder to forecheck with speed on the other.

Thinking it through, both those lines will probably play equal minutes and our 4th line got absolutely caved by New Jersey, so this is the resulting bottom 6.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet

I ain't wondering about our pro scouting.

Scratching Brodziak after 1 game is a nonsensical coaching decision.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Glen Gulutzan running the powerplay ? you bring in a failed head coach with possibly one of the best 5 man pp personals in the league last season but finished 28th in PP to run this anemic powerplay ? Get real.

if the guy couldnt coach

Gaudreau
Monahan
Hamilton
Tkachuck
Giordano

to a top 25 PP

what is he going to do with

Benning and Klefbom, a rookie Defenseman, Larsson from the point .... lol

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
I'm guessing the rationale is that they've got Caligula and Jesse to forecheck with speed on the one line, and Kassian and Rieder to forecheck with speed on the other.

Thinking it through, both those lines will probably play equal minutes and our 4th line got absolutely caved by New Jersey, so this is the resulting bottom 6.

This thinking and strategy would only make sense if you actually line match. Our coach doesn't which means you have to coach to your strengths and put the best lines possible because you are creating mismatch issues 5 on 5.

So you load up on the first 2 lines with talent, you don't cover your gems with turds. When you don't have depth, you don't artificially create depth by sticking your talented players at the bottom of the lineup and hoping they make the bottom 6ers better. How does a non coach understand this but a professional doesn't?

Its 2018 Todd, put the damn fastest and best players together and tell them to free wheel because your defense sucks, you won't win a 2-1 game with this team.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017

Caggiula is fast ? his tiny little legs look like they churn sand everytime he accelerates out of the block

news to me

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Personally I haven't seen Brodziak do a lot in the preseason in NA or in the games in Europe either... not "siding" with the coach... but if we are trying to be fair and equal with everyone on the team and call a spade a spade... he hasn't done a lot to impress. I realize he's more of a defensive player so when you don't notice him... he's likely doing his job but I would expect just a little more offense or at least staying above water defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->