Pre-Game Talk: Oilers @ Boston Thursday 10/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
TMac. Like seriously wtf? I dont have the words. We’ve brought in all these “fresh new voices” to the coaching staff and it’s just blatantly obvious the old coach has dismissed their input and has gone right back to everything that was disastrous last year. Russell playing second pairing on his off-hand? Puljujarvi demoted after 1 game especially given how good he looked in camp is inexplicable. Gulutzan running a stationary PP instead of Viveros? Really? How long before we sign Letestu and put him on the power play? I just dont know what to do anymore.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Frustrating thing is if the Oilers pull off a fluke win in Boston, The lineup decision by Todd would be justified ...by Todd. Then Pulju's leash gets even shorter......

Reactions: PulYou

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
How does an idiot like that make millions each year? Why put our best right winger on the 4th line and put a lazy AHLer on the third?

This guy and his favouritism.

The dumbass will probably put his #2 favorite in Caggiula on the PP over JP too. And to think there was going to be changes when the team let go of his coaching buddies. New additions, but it still looks like McMoron clings to what he wants and doesn't care what anybody else says. #FireMcLellan

Reactions: PulYou

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I had a dream a few days back that the Oilers were up 9-0 at about the 18 minute mark of the 1st period vs I think the Leafs (could be a different team... it's a little fuzzy)... woke up before the game ended so I assume they won that game.

With that type of offense I'm not too concerned about the Oilers... they'll bounce back and dominate.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
f*** Todd I hope he gets canned soon. f***ing loser of a coach.

Sad thing is that unlike Eakins - he CAN be better but he chooses to be a stubborn idiot.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I really hope McDavid's line does not get held scoreless one game.
If so, say bye to RNH and Rattie. Say hi to Kassian and Caggiula.

Reactions: A91

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-10_11-24-15.png
    upload_2018-10-10_11-24-15.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: EagerPug

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
View attachment 145527

Bouchard and Klefbom if given a open lane can fire a shot too ....

There's so many issues with this.

1. You have Pulju getting PP1 time. Impossible.
2. Right hand players playing with left hand players? Ha! What is this, Narnia? Come on man.
3. It makes actual sense.
4. Two power play units? Uh... you can't just make things up. Todd won't stand for that.
5. Puljujarvi? Really?
6. Shots set up with their off hand for one-timers in off-slot positions, forcing the opposing team to cheat or guess as to the shot selection instead of it being pushed to a single half-boards like it is now due to it's predictability?
7. Where's Cagguila and why isn't he in several positions at once?

Come on McFlash, you can do better than this. I'm just kidding btw.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
The PP is gonna be the least of our worries if the coach keeps rolling out a lineup that can't piss adrop at 5v5.
The pp sucks all life out of the rest of the game. 5v5 there is an argument we don't have enough depth or skill or are too young and nothing might change. The pp sucks despite having the best offensive talent (one player) in years on it. Gotta work your strengths.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
I am surprised a coach survived this long when he shows such disdain for the GM by making such a statement as to virtually create the same lineup as last years disastrous season. True not much has been done by the front office in terms of trades or signings. But we have young talented players that was drafted by this organization that are not being given a fair shot, why exactly? Outplay half the lineup in preseason and be relegated to the fourth line after half the team shat the bed last game.

Where is the logic? Benning is not an NHLer, its been tried for 2 seasons now and hes not getting it. A 19 year old rookie has outplayed our supposed 4th defenseman, how bad do you have to play before you get removed from the lineup? And how good do you have to be to get put back in?

Reactions: Bryanbryoil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad