Pre-Game Talk: Oilers @ Boston Thursday 10/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yeah about that:

It's stuff like this that pisses me off something fierce. Jesse emerging or not has a HUGE bearing on this season. If he's lost in the woods for the season then we may as well write the year off and head home. This is a coach that seems to be coaching to get fired. What a ****ing clown.

Who's gonna set him up on that line?

Caggiula? :sarcasm:

I assume he's also off PP2 in favor of Caggiula as well. Good job Todd!

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018

LOL, please change McLellan. Adapt and grow, it's good for you.

I'm not a huge Mike Babcock fan but the thing I like best about his coaching is he has admitted he likes to change assistant coaches so he can can get as many different view points on coaching as possible. In other words, he is constantly trying to get better and learn more from others.

McClellan seems so stubborn I don't think he would ever have that mentality. Brand new assistant coaches this year, same garbage PP setups and putting JP on the 4th line.

Reactions: Aerrol and PulYou

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The only thing that I agree with is Russell with Nurse. Benning over Bouchard is puzzling to say the least.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Does anyone see any difference in systems and break outs, special teams, etc from last year to indicate that the influence of the new assistant coaches have kicked in?

Are they doing anything different from last year. This is mostly a question to people that are keen observers of strategy and are more experts at the x's and o's then myself or others. Because if it all looks the same that has to be concerning considering they threw 3 people under the bus last year, which does not speak highly of the character of the bench boss if he stayed quiet and was ok with the blame on his subordinates while not really doing any sort of adjustments to make his new staff feel like they actually have some input. Not the smartest strategy to not listen if you are trying to make yourself look like you aren't the weak link.

Its early, maybe its an overreaction and hes been listening to them all summer, we are all just speculating and will be very glad to be wrong.

I didn't notice any changes which was terrifying. We had the same sloppy bank off the boards break out passes as always. The rest of the league had caught on to that and have started to cut that option off.

Our Penalty kill was still the same old passive box it has always been. No one to pressure the puck carrier.

Our power play had the same feel to it as well. Teams forced us to cough up the puck by being aggressive and not giving us space. Lack of a bomb from the point meant they didn't have to worry about being punished for doing the same. Lack of threats from both sides of the ice due to having all lefties and righties on both PPs meant the opposition could cheat a bit and force the play to the non-dominant hand.

Was kind of disappointed. Hoping that maybe it will just take some time to adjust to the newer systems rather than just more of the same.

But hey what do I know... I just watch the games like everyone else.

Reactions: EagerPug

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I give up on Todd.

tenor.gif

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
the point is they were worse at offense before McDavid and it's not even close...even if "it's all McDavid" now

Yeah, wow, huge insight that the offense of the worst team of the last 15 years is better with the best player in the universe.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
It's stuff like this that pisses me off something fierce. Jesse emerging or not has a HUGE bearing on this season. If he's lost in the woods for the season then we may as well write the year off and head home. This is a coach that seems to be coaching to get fired. What a ****ing clown.

Caggiula? :sarcasm:

I assume he's also off PP2 in favor of Caggiula as well. Good job Todd!

I used to like Todd...

But:

What is Puljujarvi doing on the 4th line ?

like wtf ???

This guy is a clown. Just rid us of this misery asap , Get Puljujarvi playing on the top 2 lines, Reider was bought in to kill penalties and get shorthanded opportunities and solidify a third line, not leech points of Draisaitl for a better contract. Pulju needs a proper setup man. Get his confidence up early and ride the wave. This absolute goof of a coach ......

Reactions: PulYou
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->