Proposal: Oilers - Avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Not sure how people think this is a point in favor of the Oilers. Yes, Chiarelli is clearly not that good at his job, making that trade is not the first evidence of this. So why couldn't Sakic rake him over the coals just like Shero did?

Chiarelli >> Sakic
He did what many before him in Edmonton couldnt do.. Make a bild move to improve his club. Chia overpaid but made Oilers much better.. They now have 3 top 4 Dmen and will not be dealing from a position of weakness for much longer.. Getting that first Dman was the toughest part. He has shown that he has the balls to trade a core player to improve the team..

Chia turned Scrivens in AhL to Kassian... Gernat into Maroon.. Sure he overpaid by a lot for Larsson but He clearly is not a bad GM...

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
Chiarelli >> Sakic
He did what many before him in Edmonton couldnt do.. Make a bild move to improve his club. Chia overpaid but made Oilers much better.. They now have 3 top 4 Dmen and will not be dealing from a position of weakness for much longer.. Getting that first Dman was the toughest part. He has shown that he has the balls to trade a core player to improve the team..

Chia turned Scrivens in AhL to Kassian... Gernat into Maroon.. Sure he overpaid by a lot for Larsson but He clearly is not a bad GM...

sakic's trade history is actually very respectable

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
That's a fair point. It's a risk/reward pick. It could be a top 5/lottery pick or it could be a mid to late 1st round pick.

Both sides take risk on it. I mean if it ends up RNH, then the Oilers suck next year and you guys win the lottery and end up with Nolan Patrick, that's a massive win for COL.

I wouldn't be happy with it. We know that Chia already tried trading RNH for a decent defenseman and struck out, so it ended up being Hall. That means we either have to trade Duchene or shift Mack to RW, neither of them are enticing.

I don't think Edmonton would do this, but this would be my counter offer (and only if Sakic was hellbent on trading him):

RNH + 2017 1st + Nurse for Barrie + 2017 1st.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I think as long as the Avs have not made a separate deal for a high level D, any deal where Barrie is being exited must include an NHL D in the return.

For a deal involving the Oilers acquiring Barrie...

Klefbom Oilers won't trade him for Barrie
Larsson Oilers won't trade him for Barrie
Sekera NMC
Davidson
Fayne I can't imagine the Avs wanting him
Nurse Chia won't trade him... neither would I.
Reinhart

So that leaves Davidson or Reinhart. Reinhart probably isn't something that would interest the Avs because they will need a D with more of an offensive upside and proved NHL abilities.

:edmonton
RNH
Davidson

:avs
Barrie
Comeau or a 2nd

YourARumour

Jan 27, 2009
Cheechem
I wouldn't be happy with it. We know that Chia already tried trading RNH for a decent defenseman and struck out, so it ended up being Hall. That means we either have to trade Duchene or shift Mack to RW, neither of them are enticing.

I don't think Edmonton would do this, but this would be my counter offer (and only if Sakic was hellbent on trading him):

No way man! Can't give that much up , we will just offer sheet him tomorrow at 10:01am and see what Roy values him at

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

Nurse would be the hold up. Chia won't trade Nurse. The simpler the deal the better.

StevenDean

Jun 27, 2016
Ignoring the comments about the ridiculous values some people have and moving straight to the point.

Edmonton is NOT going to trade for another defenseman. Doing so forces them to expose Klefbom to expansion Because they HAVE TO protect Sekera because of his clause and Larsson and the new guy do to paying a premium price to acquire them.

So either Sekera or Klefbom is being sent back in any proposal or they are not trading for another defenseman.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Ignoring the comments about the ridiculous values some people have and moving straight to the point.

Edmonton is NOT going to trade for another defenseman. Doing so forces them to expose Klefbom to expansion Because they HAVE TO protect Sekera because of his clause and Larsson and the new guy do to paying a premium price to acquire them.

So either Sekera or Klefbom is being sent back in any proposal or they are not trading for another defenseman.

They could go the 8+1 route vs. the 7+3+1

Sekera (NMC), Klefbom, Larsson, Davidson, RNH, Eberle, Draisaitl, Talbot
Nurse and any picks from 2015 or 2016 are exempt.
Notables Exposed: Pouliot, Reinhart, Yakupov, Kassian, Maroon.
... that leaves only 1 spot open for Lucic or a D UFA.

If the Oilers do my trade above...
Sekera (NMC), Klefbom, Larsson, Barrie, Eberle, Draisaitl, Lucic, ?Pouliot/Reinhart? + Talbot
Nurse and any picks from 2015 or 2016 are exempt.
Notables Exposed: Fayne, Reinhart, Yakupov, Kassian, Maroon, Comeau.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I don't want RNH, but the value is fine.

Couldn't agree more !! If we trade Barrie we have to get a D back or trade Duchene for a D.. No way we move Landeskog before Duchene as well IMO. This Barrie for RNH doesn't help us when we already have Duchene and MacKinnon in the middle.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
After that Hall deal obvious right shooting dmen are worth a lot so we shouldn't even bother going after another one as it might cost RNH and Eberle as goal scoring has no value

I know our team need dmen but just a bad deal, would of rather over pay for Demers than the crazy stupid contract Lucic will get

FightingIrish17

Jun 13, 2013
Barrie is going to win big time at arbitration and I'm not sure COL wants him at that price, nor do I think the organization thinks highly of him. Edmonton doesn't have to overpay now because they clearly aren't desperate for D; with that in mind, I think something around RNH for Barrie can work well.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
No way man! Can't give that much up , we will just offer sheet him tomorrow at 10:01am and see what Roy values him at

First, Sakic is the GM, and second, after you get Lucic or whoever for ~6 million, the Oilers will have 8 million in space? Avs will have over 20. I'm not concerned.

YourARumour

Jan 27, 2009
Cheechem
First, Sakic is the GM, and second, after you get Lucic or whoever for ~6 million, the Oilers will have 8 million in space? Avs will have over 20. I'm not concerned.

Don't kid yourself Roy has more pull with personal moves than most other coaches , and while you do have 20 million in cap space you don't have the actual dollars to put on the table

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Don't kid yourself Roy has more pull with personal moves than most other coaches , and while you do have 20 million in cap space you don't have the actual dollars to put on the table

Joe Sakic, and Joe Sakic alone, makes the final call on all player personnel decisions. He's said this numerous times.

Why are you trying (and failing) to educate Avs fans on their front office structure, when you clearly don't know what you're talking about?

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Are you saying the Avs are a budget team? :laugh: I love learning stuff about the Avs from non-Avs fans.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014

Sakic said Barrie will be an Avs at the beginning of the season even if they have to go on arbitration.. I don't give a **** about RNH all we hope is that Avs sign Barrie for more and less than 6-7M$ and then sign MacKinnon. Don't kid yourself we, Avs fans, aren't starting these threads we would be more then fine if we keep Barrie

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

Stan Kroenke/Net worth
7.7 billion USD

Daryl Katz/Net worth
3 billion USD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad