Proposal: Oilers - Avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
If the Oilers want Barrie there is no doubt LD is going the other way. Maybe LD and Reinhart for Barrie and Compher.

How about Landeskog for Fayne and Kassian instead.

We dont want Barrie at these intelligence insulting prices. Keep him.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
This thread wasn't made by an Avs fan. We will just repeat what every fan has said to Oiler fans that want our young stud dmen, overpay or go away.

Fair point.

I'm a reasonable poster and like reasonable chat. What do you think about RNH and 2017 1st (unprotected) for Barrie?

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
How about Landeskog for Fayne and Kassian instead.

We dont want Barrie at these intelligence insulting prices. Keep him.

Have a look at the thread in the Oilers board about the Hall/Larsson trade. Oiler fans are crushed. You think you're going to get Barrie for peanuts?

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
Yes because we here on HF Boards decide what the deal is. :nod:

edit: In fact, forget the offer sheet. Keep Barrie. Dont worry about our players.

Concentrate on Barrie.

I've said that to other poster myself and the response I get is this is a fantasy forum. So take it with a grain of salt and don't waste your time trying to make anyone feel stupid for posting in this forum

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I like the idea of getting rid of Iggy and his contract, but I don't like having Fayne for another two years. I don't think Nurse is worth Barrie, so if that '17 1st isn't protected, I'd think about it.
I'm so sick of draft picks I'd do that one or a '17 and '18 unprotected 1sts with Fayne for Barrie and Iginla

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Fair point.

I'm a reasonable poster and like reasonable chat. What do you think about RNH and 2017 1st (unprotected) for Barrie?

Meh, I dont like it still and would rather keep Barrie, but if the Avs are intent on trading him(I dont think they are) I would probably learn to get on board with this trade.

The thing about that 2017 1st is if the Oils added both Barrie and Larsson to that Defense next year, they are easily a playoff team or at least a bubble playoff team. That pick goes from possibily being a Top 5/7 pick to probably being in the bottom half of the draft. So it doesn't really hold all that much value.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
He wasn't and still isn't, as shown by the reaction of hockey insiders and NHL fans alike. Chiarelli made a bad trade. Period.

All the more reason that Chiarelli would overpay once again for Barrie if he wanted him also. Barrie is worth more than Larsson was and would be more so if Chiarelli wanted him.

Thus, the Avs want Draisatl for Barrie

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
It stings, but I would do it too. It's an overpayment by the Oilers, but one that's worth doing in my view.

If this trade did happen, and you signed Lucic, how do you think you guys will go next season? I don't think you'll sign Demers after you landed Barrie.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Meh, I dont like it still and would rather keep Barrie, but if the Avs are intent on trading him(I dont think they are) I would probably learn to get on board with this trade.

The thing about that 2017 1st is if the Oils added both Barrie and Larsson to that Defense next year, they are easily a playoff team or at least a bubble playoff team. That pick goes from possibily being a Top 5/7 pick to probably being in the bottom half of the draft. So it doesn't really hold all that much value.

That's a fair point. It's a risk/reward pick. It could be a top 5/lottery pick or it could be a mid to late 1st round pick.

Both sides take risk on it. I mean if it ends up RNH, then the Oilers suck next year and you guys win the lottery and end up with Nolan Patrick, that's a massive win for COL.

YourARumour

Jan 27, 2009
Cheechem
We can't move Nuge cause if something happens to Dria or McD (either injury or production wise) We Are Dead in the water again . Hence offer sheet, if they match they match , off to next one

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary

Never bet on the Oilers

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Fair point.

I wouldn't be upset with the value, but would be terrified with how the team's offense will go down when their best puck mover gets moved. Sometimes, value is not all you want in a trade.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
If this trade did happen, and you signed Lucic, how do you think you guys will go next season? I don't think you'll sign Demers after you landed Barrie.

Yeah we probably don't go after Demers in that situation. Barrie becomes the puck moving PP QB we were seeking.

We've always been seeking two RHD this offseason. Puck mover and shut down/defensive Dman would be ideal.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I wouldn't be upset with the value, but would be terrified with how the team's offense will go down when their best puck mover gets moved. Sometimes, value is not all you want in a trade.

Great point. Every team has their own contingent circumstances, and this alters objective value.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
By that logic Landeskog isnt worth Klafbom

Everyone knows Oilers overpaid by a lot to land Larson.. Hall>>Larsson

Not sure how people think this is a point in favor of the Oilers. Yes, Chiarelli is clearly not that good at his job, making that trade is not the first evidence of this. So why couldn't Sakic rake him over the coals just like Shero did?

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I think that Sakic and Roy are really anal on culture change.

That's why ROR is gone, that's why we've heard crazy insane rumours of the team being open to trading Duchene (I don't think it's happening) and I think that's why Barrie hasn't been resigned.

For the life of me I don't know what kind of culture change a team is insisting in going through when they've got a will to trade a d-man who's scored over 100 points over the past 2 seasons, but the will is obviously there since he hasn't been resigned yet.

I don't know anything about Andreas Martinsen, but I see him as a throw in so that both teams have an equal number of contracts at the end of this trade. I'd be cool with this trade but I'd hope Colorado would let Edmonton talk to Barrie about contract terms before making this trade. I'd be looking to lock him up at something like 6M X 6 years.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown

That's why ROR is gone, that's why we've heard crazy insane rumours of the team being open to trading Duchene (I don't think it's happening) and I think that's why Barrie hasn't been resigned.

For the life of me I don't know what kind of culture change a team is insisting in going through when they've got a will to trade a d-man who's scored over 100 points over the past 2 seasons, but the will is obviously there since he hasn't been resigned yet.

I don't know anything about Andreas Martinsen, but I see him as a throw in so that both teams have an equal number of contracts at the end of this trade. I'd be cool with this trade but I'd hope Colorado would let Edmonton talk to Barrie about contract terms before making this trade. I'd be looking to lock him up at something like 6M X 6 years.

for that price colorado should already have the deal done

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

Sakic and Roy would have LOVED to keep ROR. But not at 7.5 mill, which is what he eventually got. Nothing to do with culture what so ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad