OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
:edmonton

Tyson Barrie
Andreas Martinsen

:avs

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Griffin Reinhart

You guys are probably thinking "we need a dman back", which I think you guys will get when you trade Duchene. You guys are also probably thinking "Nurse has to be a part of this". Well, Chiarelli wouldn't include him in a package for Dougie Hamilton and P.K. Subban, so that's not gonna happen here.
I like Martinsen as a bottom-6 forward. Big, physical. Don't know how Avs fans feel about him. I put Reinhart because he seem's like a player who would fit in this type of deal.

Klefbom - Larsson
Sekera - Barrie
Davidson - Fayne / FA signing (Could be Gryba too, we shall see)

Last edited:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
:edmonton

Tyson Barrie
Andreas Martinsen

:avs

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Griffin Reinhart

You guys are probably thinking "we need a dman back", which I think you guys will get when you trade Duchene. You guys are also probably thinking "Nurse has to be a part of this". Well, Chiarelli wouldn't include him in a package for Dougie Hamilton and P.K. Subban, so that's not gonna happen here.
I like Martinsen as a bottom-6 forward. Big, physical. Don't know how Avs fans feel about him. I put Reinhart because he seem's like a player who would fit in this type of deal.

Klefbom - Larsson
Sekera - Barrie
Davidson - Fayne / FA signing (Could be Gryba too, we shall see)

Can't argue that this looks like it will work out well for the Oilers

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Absolutely not. Awful value.

Barrie is easily worth more then RNH after what we saw yesterday. Martinsen/Reinheart is maybe a wash but at this point Martinsen is probably worth more between the two of them.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Absolutely not. Awful value.

Barrie is easily worth more then RNH after what we saw yesterday. Martinsen/Reinheart is maybe a wash but at this point Martinsen is probably worth more between the two of them.
Larsson wasn't being shopped. Pretty clear that Barrie is being shopped

Its a joke that a 26 year old 4th line winger is worth more than G.Reinhart. Check my post history and you'll see I've never been positive about Griffin even in his Oil Kings days

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
I have no clue on Martinsen but I think this deal could work if Landeskog or Duchene is traded for D. Until a replacement for Barrie is on the team no way he goes for another forward.

YourARumour

Jan 27, 2009
Cheechem
Just offer sheet him and force their hand, say 6.5m x 7, or whatever numbers work to keep the comp at 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Last edited:

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
How about something like...

Nurse + '17 1st (top 5 protected) + Fayne

For

Barrie + Iginla

Barrie >> Nurse, but Nurse is cheap and is expansion exempt which should make him attractive to the Avs right now.

'17 1st + Fayne >> Iginla

This is all assuming of course Iggy will waive his NMC.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Hahahaha. You just made it easy to resign Barrie at a great cap hit. Plus I think it's the average of 5 years so anything over 5 pushes the average and compensation up.

Yes because we here on HF Boards decide what the deal is. :nod:

edit: In fact, forget the offer sheet. Keep Barrie. Dont worry about our players.

Concentrate on Barrie.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
How about something like...

Nurse + '17 1st (top 5 protected) + Fayne

For

Barrie + Iginla

Barrie >> Nurse, but Nurse is cheap and is expansion exempt which should make him attractive to the Avs right now.

'17 1st + Fayne >> Iginla

This is all assuming of course Iggy will waive his NMC.

I like the idea of getting rid of Iggy and his contract, but I don't like having Fayne for another two years. I don't think Nurse is worth Barrie, so if that '17 1st isn't protected, I'd think about it.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
I like the idea of getting rid of Iggy and his contract, but I don't like having Fayne for another two years. I don't think Nurse is worth Barrie, so if that '17 1st isn't protected, I'd think about it.

If that was a sticking point then I would remove the protection but would have to take Fayne or else cap wouldn't work for Edmonton.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Yes because we here on HF Boards decide what the deal is. :nod:

edit: In fact, forget the offer sheet. Keep Barrie. Dont worry about our players.

Concentrate on Barrie.

This thread wasn't made by an Avs fan. We will just repeat what every fan has said to Oiler fans that want our young stud dmen, overpay or go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad