Speculation: Oilers/Avs close on Barrie trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Never heard of the guy.

According to Wikipedia he is an infamous safe cracker, so I am not sure I'd trust him.

Jimmy Valentine is the alias of an infamous safe cracker who has just been sentenced to prison for four years for his crimes. He does not stay locked up for long, though, as he is released after ten months. When he is released, he packs his state of the art, custom robbery tools and commits several more robberies. Ben Price, the detective who put him away the first time is called to the case, but although he knows it is Jimmy (because of the style the crimes were committed with) he cannot find him. Jimmy has actually fled and he is currently in the small town of Elmore, Arkansas, with plans to rob the local bank there

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Would be a good move for EDM. Don't really know Avs needs, but maybe RNH is part of the deal? If there's any truth to this.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
What would COL want for Barrie? Cheap Roster players? Draisaitl, Nurse?

I can't think of much that wouldn't hurt.

Why

Jan 15, 2014
Edmonton
doesn't seem very legit, but why would a nfl guy tweet this out???? He hear something or pure trolling?? Interesting either way

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Didn't this all start by Barrie's rumored contract demands?

If that's the case and avs don't want to pay it. They may not get full value

Why

Jan 15, 2014
Edmonton
If, and a big if, if this is legit, would they rather D coming back? Really don't want to part with Nuge and don't see Col needing another C. Unless they have another deal in place where they might be flipping a c for Trouba

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Could be legit, could be someone just jumping on top of all the speculation and hoping they get something right. Doesn't seem like a source we should believe, even if something does go down.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Looking at their depth chart they could probably use Eberle, but I can't see the value being there and it would leave a hole on their blueline. This one just sounds weird. Eberle and our 1st maybe?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I don't know if I can believe anything told to me by a guy named Jimmy Valentine.

Sounds like a shady bookie.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa

Not sure how legit this is but he doesn't normally tweet NHL stuff it seems.

Not bad for a guy who hasnt tweeted in SEVEN MONTHS and its not his sport.

Avs need to re sign Barrie for his 8 mil per year so we dont have to deal with Avs fans trying desperately to pawn him off on other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad