OT: Oilers at world championships 2018 Denmark

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Klefbom has reportedly told Swedish sports both Nuge and mcdavid will be there. Danes did what the Germans did and gave their fans first shot at Canadian tickets. There are some tickets available under "restricted". I have been in the arena that means seats are behind dividers or in the corner where you will only see 1/2 the ice.

There are tickets on secondary sites at a huge market up

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'd guess Patrick Russell will get to play in front of his home crowd since he represented Denmark at last year's WC.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Locks:
Canada: McDavid, Nurse, Talbot, Nuge
Germany: LD
Slovakia: Sekera
Frane: Auvitu

Potentially
Finland: JP

Declined:
Sweden: Klef and Lars

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
It will be great experience for our core players, I'm glad they're all going. Given there were no Olympics for NHLers this year, it could end up being a more exciting tournament than usual. I'll be watching.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I love the WHC, hopefully we send a powerhouse team over there.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Locks:
Canada: McDavid, Nurse, Talbot, Nuge
Germany: LD
Slovakia: Sekera
Frane: Auvitu

Potentially
Finland: JP

Declined:
Sweden: Klef and Lars
I would think Sekera takes this one off considering his year of injuries/recovery.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Team Canada is looking like Team Oilers. Go Team Oilers!

All three of McDavid, Nurse and Nuge should really flourish with the extra space, using their great skating. If Talbot maintains his level of play he should be a solid starting option for Canada. Will be interesting and fun to watch.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
This is the WHC not the Olympics.

Demers, Matheson, Morrissey, DeHaan and Chris Lee all made it last year on defense.

a lot of players said no last year. When I was in Paris I talked to one of the Canadian team organisers and he said a lot of people waived it off due to Paris being at a "heighten alert." so using last years team needs to come with a * with it.

I may or may not go to Denmark this year just for the fan zone---it is better then the games most of the time

Reactions: A91

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
a lot of players said no last year. When I was in Paris I talked to one of the Canadian team organisers and he said a lot of people waived it off due to Paris being at a "heighten alert." so using last years team needs to come with a * with it.

I may or may not go to Denmark this year just for the fan zone---it is better then the games most of the time
I completely forgot about that, good reminder. I still think Nurse would be a lock for this team. Looking back to 2016 the D had Ellis, Matheson, Ceci, Tanev, Murray, Reilly, Dumba and Hutton. IMO at the time only Tanev and maybe Reilly were superior to Nurse on that D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad