Oilers and TSN1

SilverPlaqueVII

Dec 5, 2011
Scarborough, ON
Since Rogers now has the regional rights for the Oilers on SN West and SN Oilers, I would wonder those games overlap the Flames broadcast area and TSN already operates the TSN1 feed in BC/Yukon/Alberta lacking NHL regional presence.

TSN1 would've been nice to get some of the Oilers regional game package from Sportsnet in the first place, since the Rogers logos are placed on the Rexall Place rink boards.

Would you feel anxious if Bell Media sign a deal with the Oilers to air 20-ish games on TSN1 in the future?

oiler-dude

Rogers SportsNet has the Oilers, Flames and Canucks regional rights locked up for a while. I believe the Oilers deal even just got renewed a year or two ago.

With Rogers' large deal with the Oilers, I doubt we see regional games go to Bell / TSN in the foreseeable future.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
To be honest, with the Eastern Bias they have against the Oilers, I'm kind of happy that TSN doesn't get the Oilers.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
To be honest, with the Eastern Bias they have against the Oilers, I'm kind of happy that TSN doesn't get the Oilers.

Not to mention if TSN had the contract we'd be seeing 10-20 Oiler games a year..

As if TSN could ever give a **** about the Oilers. Toronto Sports Network never impressed me. Wish the CFL would get a different carrier as well.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Like who? Rogers? No thanks.

It's fine how it is.

CBC.

TSN coverage is fine? They lord over the Argos. Rod Black being almost impossible to listen to.

prefer CBC. Not saying much with that either but imo better option.

TSN just always seems Toronto centric biased to me. Always felt that. Shove their Toronto products up the nations ass.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
My thoughts exactly, although I like how Ray Ferraro tells it how it is.

Ferraro is a blow hard, and likes the sound of his own voice.

seems like whenever someone goes to TSN they become arrogant, ignorant and abrasive ( save a minor few).

They don't offer insight on hockey matters, but dictate their views as fact, as if they're the sole authority on anything Hockey.

Whenever I hear that midget speak, I get physically aggravated, and want to slap him through the television screen.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Ferraro is a blow hard, and likes the sound of his own voice.
seems like whenever someone goes to TSN they become arrogant, ignorant and abrasive ( save a minor few).

They don't offer insight on hockey matters, but dictate their views as fact, as if they're the sole authority on anything Hockey.

Whenever I hear that midget speak, I get physically aggravated, and want to slap him through the television screen.

You should get a good laugh over this, reprinted by popular demand...:laugh:

Ray+Ferraro+Alert+Chart.jpg

Zap Brannigan

May 23, 2004
every sports broadcaster in this country fawns over toronto sports teams. as they should given its by far the biggest media market in the country

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
CBC.

TSN coverage is fine? They lord over the Argos. Rod Black being almost impossible to listen to.

prefer CBC. Not saying much with that either but imo better option.

TSN just always seems Toronto centric biased to me. Always felt that. Shove their Toronto products up the nations ass.

Well, Rod Black sucks. I like Chris Cuthbert and the TSN panel though.

UnrefinedCrude

Jun 7, 2011
every sports broadcaster in this country fawns over toronto sports teams. as they should given its by far the biggest media market in the country

It's the biggest, but they (CBC and TSN especially,) treat it like it is bigger than all the others combined.

In this era with easy multiple feeds, there shouldn't ever be the level of bias that currently exists.

TSN will become unwatchable, even for analysis IMO, over the next few years, as they will focus only on the markets they have access to. So if you are fan of those teams you will love them, no one else will watch much any more.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
It's the biggest, but they (CBC and TSN especially,) treat it like it is bigger than all the others combined.

In this era with easy multiple feeds, there shouldn't ever be the level of bias that currently exists.

TSN will become unwatchable, even for analysis IMO, over the next few years, as they will focus only on the markets they have access to. So if you are fan of those teams you will love them, no one else will watch much any more.

They already are unwatchable. The only time they are good is the World Juniors...but that's because they are the only source for it.

Their analysis is a joke...then again, pretty much all "analysts" in Canadian Hockey media are jokes.

TSN is much better than sportsnet and CBC.

Yesterday with Mike Johnson doing Color reminded me why I hated TSN

tsnTpoint

Apr 2, 2010
Does anyone else feel like sportsnet is using outdated cameras/picture when doing the games?

Maybe its just me, but TSN feels like they use top notch video & sound that produces a far superior viewing experience.

IMO teams that get regional coverage from TSN over Sportsnet hit the jackpot.

Oilerfan4lyfe

Mar 22, 2014
To each their own I guess. I can't stand SN and hate that they have national broadcast rights now. Having to listen to Glenn Healy is awful and it ruins the games called by Hughson who is SN's best. The only positive is getting to watch more hockey.

When it comes to the panel, TSN destroys SN by a wide margin.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
To each their own I guess. I can't stand SN and hate that they have national broadcast rights now. Having to listen to Glenn Healy is awful and it ruins the games called by Hughson who is SN's best. The only positive is getting to watch more hockey.

When it comes to the panel, TSN destroys SN by a wide margin.

agree, tsn is miles better, even with Darren "i wouldn't trade yakupov for reimers jock" Dreger.

jmco

Jan 25, 2013
Tsn became too focused on the trade rumors ( bs) and useless countdown lists. Dreger repetition of always sources say this and it's utter made up garbage. Tsn had more junk top 20 goals of the year, or bloopers or essentially content filling for the 2 channels they didn't have content for. I'm glad Sportsnet gets a chance now.

Eirhead*

TSN won't be showing anything more than hockey highlights for the next 10 years.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Tsn became too focused on the trade rumors ( bs) and useless countdown lists. Dreger repetition of always sources say this and it's utter made up garbage. Tsn had more junk top 20 goals of the year, or bloopers or essentially content filling for the 2 channels they didn't have content for. I'm glad Sportsnet gets a chance now.

Yep. Just fill coverage and stuff that would make me turn the channel before the first commercials.

Whatever I want from commentary I can read in print and 10 times as fast as listening to spoken word. Sports shows and panels I find just boring for this reason and a very inefficient way of getting information. When I want to know something now I look it up online. I don't listen to or watch sports programming which I find mostly pointless. With TSN being all about the commentary..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad