Post-Game Talk: Oilers 7 Flames 3 - Sweep the Series!

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Marek, and MacLean, hemming and hawing about maybe the Flames are getting screwed by the refs, and that's why they suck. :laugh:

Clown show.

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
They went a little tin hat conspiracy there. It was pretty sad, actually. "They went from 1st to 30th in penalties!"

Didn't they show the penalty stats during the oilers game? I thought mouthguard boy, bennet and Hamilton have added almost 200 PIMS this season. That is not going to help things.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I'm sure there's a reason for their slew of penalties.

:laugh:

Didn't they show the penalty stats during the oilers game? I thought mouthguard boy, bennet and Hamilton have added almost 200 PIMS this season. That is not going to help things.

Yup. It was a pretty embarrassing segment on HC@N. All you have to do is take a gander at who's taking all these penalties. But nah, let's strongly hint at a reffing conspiracy instead.

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
Does anyone have gif of Jonny Hobbit after that MTL SHG? He lost the puck at offensive blue line and was later somewhat disappointed. It should be in our collection tbh.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Flames fan crack me up

First it was "Baertschi is our future" then "Brodie is out future" then it was "Monahan is the future" followed by "Gaudreau is our future" which was simultaneous with "Bennet is our future" and now, its "Tkachuk is our future"

Wonder who their next future will be. Hmm

Bennett >>>>>> Draisaitl
Tkachuk >>>>> Pulji

hoove17

Oct 29, 2015
Flames fan crack me up

First it was "Baertschi is our future" then "Brodie is out future" then it was "Monahan is the future" followed by "Gaudreau is our future" which was simultaneous with "Bennet is our future" and now, its "Tkachuk is our future"

Wonder who their next future will be. Hmm

Hello Pot, meet Kettle.

Sep 26, 2016
I love that there is a four day break, I can still bask in the Oilers sweeping the "Battle" of Alberta and in the hilarity of Oilers fans making the Saddledome like a home game. Oilers fans dominate this province and they know it. Even in our darkest years I've never seen Flames fans show up in those numbers in Edmonton. And it's only going to get worse for them in the coming years. They might pull an Ottawa and try to bar anyone wearing an Oilers jersey into their embarrassingly decrepit arena.

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
Hello Pot, meet Kettle.

Yup. Tossing some pretty nice stones from that glass house, eh?

Reminder: H.O.P.E. wasn't even the first round of 'our future'. We went through even more iterations than the Flames have before we got McDavid and an actual front office

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Yeah, they made a new one.

They closed the old one because it was so gigantic, and opened a new one that dominates their site. :laugh:

They closed it more because the new arena gave them ideas for a clever new thread title. Give them credit, it's a great title. It may indeed be the most popular series of threads in CP history.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Yup. Tossing some pretty nice stones from that glass house, eh?

Reminder: H.O.P.E. wasn't even the first round of 'our future'. We went through even more iterations than the Flames have before we got McDavid and an actual front office

And Flames fans ruthlessly mocked us, and derided us, through it all. I guess it's their turn to take some lumps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad