Post-Game Talk: Oilers 4, Sabres 3

Would Rieder have also missed that empty net?

• Total voters
Oct 15, 2008
He's no Griffin Reinhart, amiright.
This from the guy who still argues the merits of Horcoff.

giphy.gif

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
I didn't watch the game last night, but I read the GDT this morning.
You guys were laughing about this guy blocking his own shot, tried to envision that but to no avail..

Pominville's name will be immortalized, in hockey bloopers forever..

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Kos almost puts it back in lol
His stick is not on the ice, it is over it. I don't think any goalie would come back with the stick like that and have on the ice. Too risky in any situation to sweep back with the stick on the ice.

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
And trade him for what??? More "hopeful" players who don't get us anything close to what Nuge gets us in his play?? Did trading Hall help us? Eberle? Petry? My goodness

Exactly, this team has ONE strength right now and that's at center ice. The new GM better not mess that up. In fact I don't think it's much of a stretch to say the Oilers might crack the top-5 league-wide as far as center depth goes.

We've all watched this team make bad trades and signings to patch holes over the last 12 years. Trading RNH would be another quick patch-job that would still leave us with a leaky boat.

JayE

Sep 24, 2016
And trade him for what??? More "hopeful" players who don't get us anything close to what Nuge gets us in his play?? Did trading Hall help us? Eberle? Petry? My goodness

Apparently trading far and away your 3rd best forward who is still signed for a few more years at a reasonable price makes sense when you've got the worst forward depth in the NHL. Who knew?

Reactions: 8LX7psQ

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
His stick is not on the ice, it is over it. I don't think any goalie would come back with the stick like that and have on the ice. Too risky in any situation to sweep back with the stick on the ice.
Yeah, that’s why I said ‘almost’

Reactions: LaGu

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I am totally confused why there are so many people wanting to trade Nuge all of a sudden. We've got a good thing going with McDavid, Drai, and Nuge. Just leave those three alone dammit.
I think many of us (me, at least) don't particularly want to trade him. We're just looking at the situation realistically: With the "good thing" you refer to -- McDavid, Drai, and Nuge -- the team has missed the playoffs three times in four years. The team is unbelievably thin at right and left wing, which is why nobody but McDavid and Drai can score. Nuge is a good player who has never taken the step to be a great player. And since center is the only position the Oilers are currently strong in, it does make some sense to try to move Nuge to bolster the wings, if possible.

The important thing to remember is that Chiarelli won't be making the trade, so there's a chance Edmonton will win it.

Reactions: Messrules11

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I think many of us (me, at least) don't particularly want to trade him. We're just looking at the situation realistically: With the "good thing" you refer to -- McDavid, Drai, and Nuge -- the team has missed the playoffs three times in four years. The team is unbelievably thin at right and left wing, which is why nobody but McDavid and Drai can score. Nuge is a good player who has never taken the step to be a great player. And since center is the only position the Oilers are currently strong in, it does make some sense to try to move Nuge to bolster the wings, if possible.

The important thing to remember is that Chiarelli won't be making the trade, so there's a chance Edmonton will win it.

I think that's bad logic simply because Nuge and Drai are both great wingers in addition to being great centres. No point in trading either. Nuge is on pace for 70 points this season despite spending the majority of the season playing as the 2C alongside horribly weak wingers. That's not something we should be trading. I could care less who plays wing and who plays centre - I'm fine with Drai on C or W, same with Nuge. As long as they produce and play well, which they have. If Drai is a 50 goal winger, that's awesome. If Nuge is a 70 point 2C with bad wingers, that's equally awesome. If you want to switch Drai to Nuge's line or move Nuge to the wing and Drai to C, that's fine too.

Oct 15, 2008
Some here have given ‘Cock a rough ride, but given the recent success, maybe they should soften their stance a little?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad