Post-Game Talk: Oilers 4, Red Wings 3

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
No big deal, I can see how hearing another teams broadcasters uoudy assume the worst, but as someone who has watched pretty much every Wings and Oilers game for the past 5 years, I can tell you the Detroit crew is pretty fair, whole some and self aware... they don't take jabs at people.

He called it the north pole because they had just said winter hit pretty good up there already, and talked about Hall and McDavid after talking about how much Hall is lighting up the league.

Anyway, great win!

Yeah I actually thought they were pretty good.

But when its a few things in a row it does seem like piling on....

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Who thought this is what the standings would like to begin the year?
Haha no doubt about that. Albeit the only big surprises at least for me are the nucks being this good and the sharks not being that good. I kind of expected LA, Vegas and Anaheim to regress and the yotes will never accomplish anything of note in their existence.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
So let's say Chiasson keeps up his outstanding play and he winds up with somewhere around 25 goals.

Does Chiarelli sign him to a two year deal? Gotta keep the expansion draft in mind.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
coaching matters. the oilers playing much better overall team defence. look at the isles with trotz and no tavares and doing so well.

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
So let's say Chiasson keeps up his outstanding play and he winds up with somewhere around 25 goals.

Does Chiarelli sign him to a two year deal? Gotta keep the expansion draft in mind.
It might be good to sign him just so Seattle could take him

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Marody was sent back to Bakersfield prior to today's game.

In the postgame Rob Brown was talking about subbing in either Yamamoto or Rattie for Puljujarvi for next game.
What a way to come back from an injury. You lose your spot on the top line and get saddled with two black holes.

If they aren't going to play Jesse or Kailer, send them down.

Reactions: OilDrop37

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
Wings are BAD! Koskinen perfect 3 wins out of 3 games. 2 flukey goals, even Bertuzzi has no idea were that puck goes after he swings it mid-air.

Third line needs a makeover, you can't really break any other line and Todd won't scratch Strome or Lucic so maybe Rattie gets a chance there next to two anchors.

I would like to see Rattie-Strome-Yama/Pulju, could be decent 3rd line. Lucic have been bad last few games, kills a lot of plays in powerplay and doesn't do anything at 5on5. Negative if he doesn't hit and intimitide.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
don't look now but Arizona is on fire.

And really, I believe they can sustain it. On paper, they are damn good

Reactions: Wewillrise

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
What a way to come back from an injury. You lose your spot on the top line and get saddled with two black holes.

If they aren't going to play Jesse or Kailer, send them down.
Maybe he sparks their offense, they're having good possession and getting some chances. Agreed, honestly I think I would send both down, maybe recall Malone

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
I’m LOL’ing at the “Chia’s son” references. Maybe Chia should just stick to signings from now on and let someone else do the trades. The low-profile summer signings seem to be working out so far.
Chiarelli was born to be an AGM.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->