Post-Game Talk: Oilers 4, Red Wings 3

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I thought it was a decent game by Drai. Please tell me what JP did tonight that gave him a pass. Granted JP will never score on that mess of a 3rd line.
I thought he had fewer "unforced errors" (to steal a line from tennis) than what I typically see from him. He got the puck to the net a few times, albeit low percentage shots.

By no means was I implying JP was a better player tonight than Drai. I'm trying my damndest to see the positives in Puljujarvi's game.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Not going to win many games in this league when your goalie has a .886 save % in the contest but we managed to persevere and win. Team played a great game, no passengers.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
The two bad goals Koskinen let in were a bit flukey. Bertuzzi is not skilled enough to bat the puck out of the air and hit that small target, but he did it. That ping pong puck on the 2nd goal was just weird.

Bertuzzi himself was surprised by the bounce the puck took, just look at his double surprised reaction. Fluke-y as hell.

"f*** I HIT IT THE WRONG WAY!"
"HELL YEAH I SCORED!!!"

And then the one at the end of the second, that is some kinda puck luck.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

North

Jun 25, 2009
Koskinen played just average enough that TM can start Talbot next game without any controversy.

Talbot will need to play better than average to not have that controversy start up again.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Maybe.

2/3 goals were from some odd weird bounces off the board that a lot of goalies would struggle with.

Third goal was all on Nurse screening him, trying to be goalie and blocking the shot and then messing up the defense.

And the puck dropped straight down after whoever scored made contact on the swing so that tells me he must have just gotten the bottom of the shaft on it as opposed to square contact. I think Koskinen was a bit surprised by that straight drop and it found a hole.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
I thought he had fewer "unforced errors" (to steal a line from tennis) than what I typically see from him. He got the puck to the net a few times, albeit low percentage shots.

By no means was I implying JP was a better player tonight than Drai. I'm trying my damndest to see the positives in Puljujarvi's game.
Dig deep for those positives, I'm not seeing any myself. I really really want the kid to do well but I'm still not sold.

dsi

Sep 13, 2005
Ottawa
I’m LOL’ing at the “Chia’s son” references. Maybe Chia should just stick to signings from now on and let someone else do the trades. The low-profile summer signings seem to be working out so far.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I’m LOL’ing at the “Chia’s son” references. Maybe Chia should just stick to signings from now on and let someone else do the trades. The low-profile summer signings seem to be working out so far.
He has always been good with the good sneaky small signings and trades.

Reactions: ujju2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad