Oilers 3rd Jersey Discussion

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
I don't know guys.......I actually think they might be one of my favorites of all time (gasp) They look waaaayyy better when the players are wearing them. Sleek, sporty, simple...I betcha they will look even better when you see the whole team wearing them.

Its the first jersey in years that I actually wanna buy. They'll look good with jeans and casual watching the game too LOL.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
my initial thought was i dont care for it really but as long as a healthy Mcdavid is wearing it i love it

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009

While Bodamer is a talented designer, responsible for many iconic hockey sweaters (Winter Classic, Stadium Series, previously work with Nike/IIHF), I have to wonder why he chose not to "honour team heritage" and make the jersey with the traditional three stripes. I know it's a minor detail, but every oilers jersey ever has had three stripes on the arms and bottom hem. Seems odd to change that.

Reactions: Del Preston

Phaser

5-14-6-1
Jun 26, 2008
Edmonton
Full look is growing on me

Attachments

• 4BDB63B6-2F3A-4601-9901-2A73D00F766F.jpeg
    4BDB63B6-2F3A-4601-9901-2A73D00F766F.jpeg
    195.2 KB · Views: 14

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
Another reason to make fun of the Oilers.

They are so proud of the jersey, they don't have a single still on their website dedicated to the alt jersey.

~Non-Oilers fan

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Another reason to make fun of the Oilers.

They are so proud of the jersey, they don't have a single still on their website dedicated to the alt jersey.

~Non-Oilers fan
It's on the main website.

Last edited:

oilers89

Jun 4, 2008
Medicine Hat
could anyone with photo shop skills be able to add a little white to the jersey? in and around the crest or something. just curious show that would have looked.

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
My (probably unpopular) personal opinion:

Although it's not as ugly as when I first saw the leaks, it's still pretty horrible. That orange is such a nasty colour and painful to the eyes.
I can't justify buying this jersey for a few reasons. Firstly, it's just not a nice jersey. Secondly, the Oilers keep coming out with all these ugly jerseys every year to make more money when the on ice product sucks. I'm not giving any extra money to them until they actually improve their on-ice product.

Reactions: Mlotek

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
I might buy one just to spite everyone that hates it or hates the idea of supporting the team while they still suck.

(or they’re fine and I like collecting jerseys)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad