Post-Game Talk: Oilers 3 Devils 2

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Nuge looked like rookie Nuge tonight, through and through.

He's playing like he did during the World Cup. Doing anything he can offensively and shutting it down playing as a 2 way C. Love it.

Nuge has been playing great the whole year. Has easily been the best overall Oiler this season.

Reactions: nabob

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Nuge is pure filth with the puck skills, man if he could only get a true finisher on his wing we wouldn't be talking about secondary scoring. Like Ever!

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Wow...RNH! Thats the kind of confidence with the puck I like to see!

Another solid win for the boys. Secondary scoring starting to kick in. The team is playing with more confidence.

Really nice to see. :nod:

Reactions: shoop

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Spawn praises Nuge's play (sort of). I've seen it all!

Also yeah, I kind of wish the league just played 3 on 3 all the time so we could just watch McDavid and Draisaitl work this kind of magic constantly. Amazing. Almost a reverse of the last OT winner.
Still haven't seen replacement do that, so I wouldn't say that.

Reactions: shoop

jebs

Mar 4, 2011
Yeah got the 2 points but they were terrible. I mean sports is meant to be entertaining, that was like watching paint dry.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Just as it was with the Islanders game, yay for the win but my god there are a lot of issues with this team. It's important to get wins while they are playing like **** but they really need to get their **** together.
That goal from Drai and McD masks a lot of things...just like last game against the Isles where no one talks about how Drai flubbed the puck that had the play go the other way, and then let's the puck go right by him to Tavares, and then him and McDavid already start to fly the zone...
This OT wasn't much better between the 2....
Yes, I'll take the win and be excited, but there is something really off with this club.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Yeah got the 2 points but they were terrible. I mean sports is meant to be entertaining, that was like watching paint dry.
I don't think the game was boring whatsoever, but I do agree that we played like shit for a large part of it. That third period, like a lot of third periods this season was absolute garbage.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Thing that surprises me (in a good way) the most about this game is how we bounced back after basically getting killed that first period. And again after the late goal in the second. I still don't think we can compete with a lot of Eastern teams speed-wise, but I think if we keep playing like this, speed won't matter. And I guess I understand why McLellan loves McDavid and Drai playing together lol. Nuge was beast too. Marron wasn't great all game, but whatever, the negatives can wait. Nice win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->