Post-Game Talk: Oilers 3, Bruins 2 (OT)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
McDavid sure slowed down near the end of the last 2 years...

McD has good starts, and finishes. Like any mortal though, in an 82 game season fatigue, health, other factors set in. Maybe this year will be different but around the league theres often inordinate scoring that occurs early in seasons. Its been this way for awhile. Remember people talking about whether a certain Tampa scorer would score a goal a game season? lmao.

Look at the scoring chart right now. All grossly elevated numbers and pts/game and goals/game rates that will be unsustainable.

Its like every season the NHL teams figure again, how to play systems, D, play integrated etc. The first month of the season so often looks like amateur hour in relation to most of the season when teams start playing better in all areas and scoring starts to go down.

I mean Matthews is on a 100 goal scoring pace. lmao at that.

Everything in production is elevated at this time of year relative to where it will finish. It just is. book it.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Solid team effort to get the W in this one. No one had a bad game. Some had an ok game. Many had a great game. McDavid with 2 points but that didn't feel like he did everything.

Someone should make a GIF of McDavid missing on the breakaway and then clocking the bruins player in front of the bench bc he was pissed that he missed. Loved that. He's not afraid of these types of games.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
My take

- good thoughts in game from everyone in forum, not much to add!

- on Bouchard. Tough desicion as most have observed, he ain't knocking it out of the park, but he's definitely holding his own. What is do is stretch out his 9 games to December, then let him go to WJ camp and tourny. After that, I know he ineligible for call up but you've created his atmosphere. If not, if in doubt, I'd rather they default to sending him down. For reasons already mentioned.

- and speaking of knocking it out of the park...
Agreed with hitting a professional pitcher. I could hardly hit a goid pitcher in pick up games. In fact it sometimes scared me! But while recognizing it of course is a sport and many great athletes are invokved, to me there is absolutely no comparison. The training, prep, work, physicality, and mental toughness it takes to participate in the fastest sport in the world at the highest level is without peer. Consider also blocking or as a tender, saving a 90-103mph piece of frozen vulcanized rubber. Not fun.

- this ordeal about Drai could be eliminated if coaching would just plan to play him at times with McD, like Crosby/ Malkin. He can sink or swim on second line for now but let him, the team, fans, and success be enjoyed without caring what media others say.

Finally - I still have hope for Benning. Not going to write him off yet. But for some reason I think we'll see Gravel be a solid, calming influence and will reestablish himself.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad