Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
lol what? My thread title was literally “I can’t believe we won.”

Are you seeing things again?
giphy.gif

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Trust me, I sincerely believe Drai is a boat anchor quite often.
Since the start of 16/17 season only 16 players are ahead of Draisaitl in NHL production, out of those 16 only one is younger (McDavid) One within a year (McKinnon) the rest average about 8 years older, in that group they account for 8 hart trophy's 8 Art ross, and combined 15 stanley cups , I will take as many of those boat anchors this team can get .

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
You guys gotta realize that the NHL is a 3-2 league. If we can keep our goals against around 2 we’ll win far more then we lose. Mcdavid is a guaranteed goal a game, so you only need the rest of the roster to score one goal for a tie, or two for a win.

Oilers can only score 1 or 2 almost never 3 or more so we have to limit the competition to 1 or we're likely done. Good news is with Hitchcock system this might work out..

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton

Currently Draisaitl plus minus is -1. Youd think Oiler fans would be unhappy with that. Our $9M dollar player is being outplayed at evens, while hes playig with Conner McDavid.

Am I crazy here?

Draisaitl is 8.5 million not 9 not 10. Why can't people use the correct amount I'm sure they know it.

BTW McDavid makes 182 thousand cdn per game. That's 6.7 thousand per minute of played time.
Draisaitl gets a measly 124 thousand per game. Draisaitl bang per buck is higher than McDavid.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Assuming stuff shows how little you know about arguments.

Id say +/- its slightly better than points as an indication of team success.

But pretty close. And of course when I am using it Im responding to somebody using points.

Drai is +1 at 5v5, +4 at EV. Which is impressive since he started the season in a pretty deep hole and he's one of only 5 Oilers forwards in the black.

Reactions: nabob

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Drai is +1 at 5v5, +4 at EV. Which is impressive since he started the season in a pretty deep hole and he's one of only 5 Oilers forwards in the black.

Impressive considering how bad he was to start the season. Shows how drastically his compete level has improved. Also have to give a ton of credit to Koskinen there as well.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Impressive considering how bad he was to start the season. Shows how drastically his compete level has improved. Also have to give a ton of credit to Koskinen there as well.

Probably started when he got moved up with McDavid.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Probably started when he got moved up with McDavid.

Not really. It started in the middle of the game against the Pens when the entire club played way better after the 1st, Drai carries that forward for quite a while and has been pretty good since. Seems like he’s beginning to slip again though.

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
They played the Blues closely from behind for pretty much the entire duration of this game. I thought the Oilers played well defensively again. Games like this can help build the character of the team since it demonstrates that not giving up can pay off with a victory, even when that victory seems unlikely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->