Post-Game Talk: Oilers 3 Blues 2 - Cloned’s title aws better

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Not crazy but definitely a limited perspective on the situation.

We've now gone from emphasizing fancy stats to plus-minus as the be-all end-all.

Do you know that there are only a few "plus" Oilers, including McDavid, Chiasson, Russell, and Rattie? Even the HFOil Golden Boy is 0. Is plus-minus really a definitive stat for a forward? All that it indicates is he's on a losing team. And we all know who to blame for that, but I won't go there as another thread is devoted solely to that purpose.

It seems like there's a contingent of people have some inherent hate for Draisaitl and he'll never be good enough in their eyes.

Drai's problem is that I dont hate him.

I just hate losing.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Getting points and "personal excellence" is over rated in my opinion. Team skills are much more relevant.

Currently Draisaitl plus minus is -1. Youd think Oiler fans would be unhappy with that. Our $9M dollar player is being outplayed at evens, while hes playig with Conner McDavid.

Am I crazy here?
Using plus minus to form an argument just shows how limited you are in your hockey knowledge

Reactions: TB12

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Didn't realize how much Google loves Toronto:
Toronto, the capital of the province of Ontario, is a major Canadian city along Lake Ontario’s northwestern shore. It's a dynamic metropolis with a core of soaring skyscrapers, all dwarfed by the iconic, free-standing CN Tower. Toronto also has many green spaces, from the orderly oval of Queen’s Park to 400-acre High Park and its trails, sports facilities and zoo.

Bolded words for bias.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Using plus minus to form an argument just shows how limited you are in your hockey knowledge

Assuming stuff shows how little you know about arguments.

Id say +/- its slightly better than points as an indication of team success.

But pretty close. And of course when I am using it Im responding to somebody using points.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Assuming stuff shows how little you know about arguments.

Id say +/- its slightly better than points as an indication of team success.

But pretty close. And of course when I am using it Im responding to somebody using points.
Your best players are penalized when they're out there for either the powerplay or with the goalie pulled if a goal goes in, they get a minus.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
btw @Soli , I see your dyslexia is still in full effect when you modded the current thread title.

Not my thread title, but kudos to a clever play on your thread title which you don't care to own up to. Curious.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Not my thread title, but kudos to a clever play on your thread title which you don't care to own up to. Curious.

lol what? My thread title was literally “I can’t believe we won.”

Are you seeing things again?

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Good weekend for the Oilers coming up.
Catch minny on a 2nd half of a back to back.
Then get Cgy on Sunday same thing where they play a late one Sat. Against a tough opponent.
Cgy playing Smith tonight...which means Rittich gets the call sat.
More than likely we get Smith Sunday.
It will also be calgary's 3rd in 4 days.
This weekend should work in our favour

Have I ever mentioned that we have been amongst the very worst team when we're sitting at home waiting for a team that played the night before. This has been a huge problem for this team since the early 2000's when I tracked this scenario for a sport-betting syndicate.

Reactions: stratedge

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
These guys are professional athletes, 30 minutes of very hard work,"Lucic excluded" every couple of days....
Try working on a drilling rig, as many posters here, have probably done in the past..
You bust your ass, for twelve hours a day, weeks on end..

My dream job..
Yup...only been working on the rig since I was 4 years old, going to rig practices and games most of my life, only to rise to the best rigs in the world...facing constant pressure and criticism all the time because of some drunk on his couch thinks he knows and can do better...yup you da man.

Reactions: TB12 and Cypress

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->