Post-Game Talk: Oilers 2, Blackhawks 1 (OT)

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Mcdavid was off by his standards today but of course pulls off the game winner.

Talbot was fantastic tonight, was it rest? Or was it the way that Mikko played the day before??? i hope its the later and they push each other

Reactions: McDrai

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Not our best game but they played hard. Its important to win games like this.

Talbot was great.

Thought fourth line played well. Definitely their best game of the season. Quennvile had his big boys out there quite a few times against the fourth line and their held their own.

Really liked Cagguilas jump in the game. Really liking Reider lately.

Defense was pretty solid. Bent but they didnt break.

We are playing great lately. First in the division even with a crazy tough schedule to start.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I was only half paying attention, but it seemed like mclellan was playing strome way too often for how poorly he seemed to be playing. Nice to get the win despite the coach again however. Too bad though, JP's never gonna get back in at this rate.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
Second star was Keith? Drew you're still an idiot but woooo first in the division!!!!

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Talbot steals one. Its so much better when a goalie has some competition for starts. Easily the best game by Talbot this year.

Draisaitl with the sick perfect pass.

Solid road back to back game.

Still not a fan of many things on the team right now but a 6-3-1 record with a tough schedule to start is exactly where we need to be.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
I was only half paying attention, but it seemed like mclellan was playing strome way too often for how poorly he seemed to be playing. Nice to get the win despite the coach again however. Too bad though, JP's never gonna get back in at this rate.
I'd just as soon the team win, imo Strome has been solid.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think it's time to take Yamamoto off that top line though. He's not really meshing with McDavid and looks overwhelmed. 3rd line with Strome is the correct spot for him.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Klefbom is a stud. You can tell he is actually healthy this year. Workhorse.

We can all march around with our pitchforks and torches chanting about the demise of TMac but this team just went 6-1-1 against the best of the NHL.
Yeah Klefbom is a beast this year. I'd like to see him start putting some goals up, but his defensive game has been exceptional. He's just eating up so many minutes, his gap control has been excellent, he's out muscling guys all game long, and he's making smart short passes to get out of trouble. Very impressed with him.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Great game from Talbot.

4th line was very good, probably our best line this game.

Klefbom played almost 26 minutes and to my eye only had one mistake all game (that didn't really result in anything dangerous anyway).

Great to grind out a win in a game like this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad