Oil v Rangers top six defensive prospects

Which group would you prefer?

• Total voters

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
Which group of six defensemen would you prefer?

Oilers:

Bouchard, Broberg, Samorukov, Jones, Bear, Lagesson

Rangers:

Miller, Fox, Lundkvist, Hajek, Robertson, Lindgren

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Oilers by a decent margin.

The emergence of Ethan Bear makes this the Oilers.

The only team with better D prospects would be the Avalanche.

Reactions: 780il and ThomasG

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
As an Oil fan, gotta go with the Rangers bunch.

Fox, Lindgren and Hajek are already playing and looking solid in the NHL. Miller and Lundkvist are off to very decent seasons. Not to mention Joey Keane or even Zac Jones who is early season beasting. Heck, then there’s Nico Gross as a sleeper.

Bear, Bouch and Brobs will be nice, buuuuut, the rest of the bunch is outmatched handily. Outside of Bear, no one has taken a step forward this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

OiledGun

Sep 2, 2011
I think the AINEC on both sides are ridiculous, also calling the Oiler's list crap is definitely crap. I can't say I know much about the Rangers' prospects outside of Miller and Fox who both seem good. It's obvious that Baxterman doesn't even have that amount of familiarity with the Oilers' prospects.

Reactions: bh53

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Bear being fifth on the Oilers list despite playing the 20th most EVTOI/GP for defensemen in the league with a 51.1 CF%, 53.2 xGF%, 53.6 SCF% and 57.5 HDSCF% makes me smile.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
More talent, depth, and upside on the Oilers side so that’s the right choice. The emergence of Bear as a top4d makes it an easy choice.

The only team with better d prospects rn is Colorado.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Think Fox will be the best of the bunch, not really a big K'Andre fan but I like Robertson a lot as an all around top 4 guy. Still think the Oilers group is better by a slim but clear margin.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'd switch that Rangers list. Rykov and Jones should both be there. Rykov is forgotten about by most fans because he's injured. He'd be playing in the NHL right now, if he wasn't. Jones is off to a great start in college hockey. I'm not exactly sure what makes him a worse defensive prospect than Robertson. Same draft. Jones looks like the better pick early on. The list should be the first three, Jones, Rykov, and then either Lindgren or Robertson. I'd probably pick Lindgren for that last spot because he's shown that he's a quality NHL rookie. Hajek is brutal. Doesn't belong anywhere near the list. I'd list Reunanen and Keane ahead of him. Robertson has some potential, but we have a deep pool of defensemen.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Not to mention Joey Keane or even Zac Jones who is early season beasting
I am not voting—but will say that Jones is trending toward being top 3 on the Rangers list. He is similar to Fox in stature and production. His USHL coach said he was second only to Kyle Connor for skill.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
These are the worst polls because 0% of people have really any idea on ALL the prospects

Like for example, in polls about Oils D prospects a few years ago, noone knew of Bear even though he was a stud in junior winning multiple awards. Now hes a stud in the NHL and people are still unaware of him yet

But I am also ignorant of alot of Rangers D prospects

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Rangers AINEC

Outside of Bouchard, who is ok at best, that is a group of crap on the Oilers list.
You either don't know a thing about prospects around the league, or you're extremely desperate for attention.

Which one is it?

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
We can't talk about the emergence of Bear and not talk about Adam Fox. It won't be long before he's the best defenseman on the Rangers if he's not already.
How has Fox been defensively? What surprises many with Bear so far is how good he has been defensively. He is playing big minutes in all the toughest situations including on the pk. Even 5 on 3.

Bear's pp time has been fairly limited and is almost always with the second unit. This has also been a bit of a surprise since I think most people would have expected his pp time tp far exceed his pk time.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
How has Fox been defensively? What surprises many with Bear so far is how good he has been defensively. He is playing big minutes in all the toughest situations including on the pk. Even 5 on 3.

Bear's pp time has been fairly limited and is almost always with the second unit. This has also been a bit of a surprise since I think most people would have expected his pp time tp far exceed his pk time.
It's because tippit likes Klef on that top unit but due to handness and bears sick shot I don't know why we haven't out him in there. He honestly would be in there if Klef didn't exist.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

That's just it, it's not even the points. I don't even know how many he has off the top of my head. Defensively, he's simply playing a different game than everyone else on our defense is.

And of course, when I say that, I'm comparing Fox to a team that defends like they're in high school, but he's still by far our best.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
Really tough for me, not a big Bouchard fan at all, but love Broberg. Ultimately I like NYR depth a touch more.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Fox is a two way defensemen. He’s shown good play in all zones so far this season. There is no drop off in his game defending. He’s a lot better defensively than most non-Rangers fans think.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad