Pre-Game Talk: Oil lose to Hawks in OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Win and we’re 1 point out, lose and we’re in a 5 way tie for second last place in the conference. It’s such a tight race for the wild card spots.

Calling it a race is an insult to racing. just saying.

The really bad news is yet another team, Dallas Stars, has removed itself from the scrum having won 5 in a row. Wild are also stabilized and probably get more pts down the stretch.

To me its one wild card place, and 7 teams fighting over it which is very poor dynamic odds. The Oilers seem incapable of getting hot for much of a stretch and all it takes is for one of the 6 other teams to get hot.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Given how poorly the team is playing I'd say it's probably already expired. I miss Todd McLellan.

McLellan was mostly critiqued on omissions. Not matching lines enough, not calling time outs, not making in game adustments. he was often "Coaching lite" and using seemingly path of least intrusion.

Hitch is much more noticeable saying one thing, doing another, or lineup configs and on ice decisions that are incomprehensible. He's also REALLY bad at 3 on 3 management. Is it just incidental we're suddenly bad in extra time? I know Klef fans will chime in but I don't think its that, I actually think Nurse is fine with McDrai. Something else not working.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Is Klefbom playing tonight or are we just going to talk about the loss that hasn't even f***ing happened yet?

Bunch of f***ing teenage girls crying about the boy who hasn't called them. Pathetic fans. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Mez

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
I just don't understand Lucic on the first line.

Best case scenario for him/us, is that in any given game he's a non-factor. Meaning, he makes the simple plays, eats up some ice time, and doesn't make any horrific turnovers.

Putting him on the first line is forcing him to BE a factor, that will most likely hurt that line tremendously. (Yes, he will get more points than if he was on another line.... but, so could a monkey with one skate on, that's not a valid reason for him to be playing there.)

In my mind I have that pass from Lucic to McDavid playing on repeat, just a half-slap shot rocket into McDavid's feet........ lol, so ridiculous. I wish someone had a clip of it (not the assist pass, which was also awful. The one with McDavid around goal line extended or behind the line a bit and Lucic closer to the point...... God that was funny).

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Kane completely embarrasses the Oilers in a beauty OT goal.

I have come back form the future, it is dark.

At first I thought this was serious and I had missed a game. I guess that shows my apathy towards the team at this point lol

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
McLellan was mostly critiqued on omissions. Not matching lines enough, not calling time outs, not making in game adustments. he was often "Coaching lite" and using seemingly path of least intrusion.

Hitch is much more noticeable saying one thing, doing another, or lineup configs and on ice decisions that are incomprehensible. He's also REALLY bad at 3 on 3 management. Is it just incidental we're suddenly bad in extra time? I know Klef fans will chime in but I don't think its that, I actually think Nurse is fine with McDrai. Something else not working.
Russell got burned in the OT in Philly, then again in Montreal the very next day.

Todd wouldn't have made the same mistake twice.

space321

May 11, 2011
Why don't they swap 44 and 98? The Khaira - RNH - Puljujarvi line was never put back together after Khaira's suspension for some reason...

Reactions: McCupofOil

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
i wonder if Bodog has bets these days on if Talbot lets in the first shot or no tlol

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Hitchcock is an idiot as usual. Keeps flipping goalies back and fourth instead of letting one run with it to get some confidence and momentum back. koski has been the better goalie and is here for 3 more years. Talbot is only hurting his trade value the way he has been playing

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Hitchcock is an idiot as usual. Keeps flipping goalies back and fourth instead of letting one run with it to get some confidence and momentum back. koski has been the better goalie and is here for 3 more years. Talbot is only hurting his trade value the way he has been playing
Did you watch Koskinen last game? What a woofer on the tying goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad