Pre-Game Talk: Oil lose to Hawks in OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Its shocking that we could still theoretically make it into the playoffs even after all this losing and general suckage.

We should have been dead in the water a month ago.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Its shocking that we could still theoretically make it into the playoffs even after all this losing and general suckage.

We should have been dead in the water a month ago.
Oilers could be 1 point out of a playoff spot if they win tonight

the rest of the teams are begging the Oilers to take it but they Oilers are like, "no thanks"

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

the rest of the teams are begging the Oilers to take it but they Oilers are like, "no thanks"
Good old Oilers, always thinking of other teams.

A loss wouldn't hurt too bad though. I don't want Chicago anywhere near that #1 pick. If anyone could turn their fortunes around quickly it's them.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Good old Oilers, always thinking of other teams.

A loss wouldn't hurt too bad though. I don't want Chicago anywhere near that #1 pick. If anyone could turn their fortunes around quickly it's them.

So politely Canadian of them. "Oh was that your playoff spot? We're sorry...we'll find somewhere else to sit. We insist."

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
The real burning question lingering about tonight's game is are the Bruins scouts taking in their 4th straight Oilers game?

Puljujarvi ties Gagner's 8 point night. That's my bold prediction.
:sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: ClinicallyOilered

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
The real burning question lingering about tonight's game is are the Bruins scouts taking in their 4th straight Oilers game?

Puljujarvi ties Gagner's 8 point night. That's my bold prediction.
They need to illegalize weed again

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

Win and we’re 1 point out, lose and we’re in a 5 way tie for second last place in the conference. It’s such a tight race for the wild card spots.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
8. I noticed a small change on the OIlers bench this past weekend. Manny Viveiros was on the bench the entire game. In the previous 50 games he’d watch the first two periods from the press box and then be on the bench for the third period some games. The Oilers had yesterday off so I couldn’t ask Ken Hitchcock why the change was made, but I will today. Hitchcock gets on guys hard on the bench, and I wonder if Viveiros is there to be more a vocal upbeat guy. I’ve heard some rumblings some of the younger players were having a hard time dealing with Hitchcock’s intensity or “whining” as former Dallas Stars Captain Brendon Morrow described it in his retirement article. I wonder if Hitch broughtViveiross on the bench to be a positive voice to counter his aggressive style?

Interesting tidbit from Gregor's gameday

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
To easy.

We lose with Drake getting a hatty one of them being the ot winner.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I suspect there's going to be a lot of this going on today:

EnchantingEminentHen-max-1mb.gif

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
8. I noticed a small change on the OIlers bench this past weekend. Manny Viveiros was on the bench the entire game. In the previous 50 games he’d watch the first two periods from the press box and then be on the bench for the third period some games. The Oilers had yesterday off so I couldn’t ask Ken Hitchcock why the change was made, but I will today. Hitchcock gets on guys hard on the bench, and I wonder if Viveiros is there to be more a vocal upbeat guy. I’ve heard some rumblings some of the younger players were having a hard time dealing with Hitchcock’s intensity or “whining” as former Dallas Stars Captain Brendon Morrow described it in his retirement article. I wonder if Hitch broughtViveiross on the bench to be a positive voice to counter his aggressive style?

Interesting tidbit from Gregor's gameday

If anybody is having issue with Hitch's comments after this few games they must have a thin skin. The aggravation in Dallas was felt due to several years of Hitch pushing players. Its that kind of thing where behaviors get annoying over the years, much like in a marriage, and some coaches aren't so much fired, as divorced..

Theres always a shelf life with a Keenan or Hitch prototype but it should never be this quickly.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
If anybody is having issue with Hitch's comments after this few games they must have a thin skin. The aggravation in Dallas was felt due to several years of Hitch pushing players. Its that kind of thing where behaviors get annoying over the years, much like in a marriage, and some coaches aren't so much fired, as divorced..

Theres always a shelf life with a Keenan or Hitch prototype but it should never be this quickly.
Given how poorly the team is playing I'd say it's probably already expired. I miss Todd McLellan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad