Proposal: OIL/JETS How would you feel if this trade went down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I did a proposal on the Jet's board and they seemed pretty close to 50/50, so I figured I may as well see what my fellow Oil fans think of this trade.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1448189 <<<--- That's the proposal on the Jet's board. They've been pretty nice and civil, so please don't go there if you're in the mood for trolling or flaming. :teach:

To Jets:

Hemsky
Ducks' 2nd rounder
Conditional 2014 3rd rounder if Hemsky isn't healthy enough to play 70 games.

To Oilers:

Burmistrov

I figure Hemsky and Kane would be a pretty good tag team for you guys.

I figure Burmistrov would look good on our third line. He plays right wing and center. If one of our top six guys get hurt he'd be a good guy to have eat those minutes up in a pinch. He was drafted a year after Magnus, so he's around the right age to grow up around the rest of the team. He's a pretty good overall player except his offense hasn't worked out yet. A lot of Jets fans say that this is because of the system the Jets play and because of how he's been utilized in Winnipeg. Still makes valuable contributions.

With this move we're clearing out salary while picking up a young player who'll easily fill in nicely on an obvious hole in our roster. We still have our own second rounder, so I don't see giving up the Ducks' 2nd rounder as a huge deal.

Thoughts?

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
I like it. Burmistrov isn't really the forward we need as he is still young and doesn't play particularily big but he was a recent top 10 pick if i remember correctly. The guy is a rink rat similar to Yakupov and it might give yak a russian buddy to sit in the rink with haha.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I like it. Burmistrov isn't really the forward we need as he is still young and doesn't play particularily big but he was a recent top 10 pick if i remember correctly. The guy is a rink rat similar to Yakupov and it might give yak a russian buddy to sit in the rink with haha.

He isn't big, but he manages to play the body often without getting injured.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
I like the deal. Burmistrov is still young and my not be big but can at least play the body. He has good puck skills too. May be a bit of an overpayment IMO but the jets take the risk in hoping hemsky is healthy

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I simply don't know enough about him to make a reasonable opinion. I like the fact that he is still young and yet has good pro experience.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I like the deal. Burmistrov is still young and my not be big but can at least play the body. He has good puck skills too. May be a bit of an overpayment IMO but the jets take the risk in hoping hemsky is healthy

Due to how effective a player Burmistrov is already, I think the Jets are taking slightly more risk than we are. I'm certain that we're getting a guy who'll fit in perfectly on the third line right now and there's good reason to believe that he'll turn into a decent top 6 option.

On the third line he'd be better than Horcoff and on the right wing he'd be better than anyone else we've got.

I find it most attractive because we're filling a gap with a guy who could be with us for a long time instead of someone who's either coming in getting overpaid as a free agent or someone who's got a year or two before becoming a free agent.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
2nd most hits amongst forwards on WPG, plays PK and PP, has increased from 41 to 44 to 47% on the draws. 21 years old, top 10 pick from 2010.

Not sure how he isn't a guy we could put to use.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
This doesn't need to be it's own thread and I won't merge it in because the poll can't be removed. Closing.

OP feel free to re-post this in the proper thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad