GDT: Oil is $27 a barrel & CAD is at 69 cents US

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
We've looked a lot better.

Granted, its Edmonton, but hopefully it'll build some confidence.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Well they won BUT again bad on special teams and another bad goal given up by our Goalie. Oilers aren't good and have a glut of injuries Stars should have had an easier time .

Some positives to build on but Special Teams and Goaltending needs fixing ASAP.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't know how much stock you can put into this game considering it was against an undermanned Oilers team but Lindell and Jokipakka looked good together. Both guys played well on defense and did good things on offense too.

I think this could and probably should be the end for Nemeth . Unfortunate after that injury and how well he played before that but thats just the way things go sometimes.

Last edited:

Indianation65

Oct 14, 2014
Currently, North Tex
Sometimes goals squeak by a goalie and the post, it happens. It looks bad, but to me, it's the equivalent of a field goal kicker missing a chip shot. It happens...regardless, the win feels good, and with luck, it's a momentum starter.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I don't know how much stock you can put into this game considering it was against an undermanned Oilers team but Lindell and Jokipakka looked good together. Both guys played well on defense and did good things on offense too.

I think this could and probably should be the end for Nemeth . Unfortunate after that injury and how well he played before that but thats just the way things go sometimes.

Agreed. Definitely played better than what you'd expect from a bottom pairing. If they do this for another game or two, I hope that'd be enough to move at least one of PN/JO.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
There's another thing that caught my eye in a negative way. The Goligoski-Klingberg pairing consitently struggles to handle guys that place themselves in front the net once they come under pressure.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Now that Janmark is fully adapted to being a center we are more balanced. Weak link looks to be Spezza's wingers, but for the most part I like the way all our lines were tonight.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Now that Janmark is fully adapted to being a center we are more balanced. Weak link looks to be Spezza's wingers, but for the most part I like the way all our lines were tonight.

I'd give him a bit more time, but he definitely looks more comfortable there. Gives us some incredible depth down the middle, especially in the bottom six. Seguin - Spezza - Janmark - Fiddler, with Eakin and Faksa both able to fill in.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
What a relief. That's all I'm going to say, and probably all that needs to be said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad