SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Here the OHL players playing on each team

Austria
None
Canada
C Quinton Byfield (Sudbury Wolves)
D Jamie Drysdale (Erie Otters)
D Thomas Harley (Mississauga Steelheads)
C Connor McMichael (London Knights)
LW Cole Perfetti (Saginaw Spirit)
RW Jack Quinn (Ottawa 67s)
C Ryan Suzuki (Saginaw Spirit)
C Philip Tomasino (Oshawa Generals)
Czech Republic
D Martin Hugo Has (Guelph Storm)
G Nick Malik (Soo Greyhounds)
C Jan Mysak (Hamilton Bulldogs)
C Jaromir Pytlik (Soo Greyhounds)
Finland
None
Germany
C Joshua Samanski (Owen Sound Attack)
Russia
LW Egor Afanasyev (Windsor Spitfires)
D Daniil Chayka (Guelph Storm)
Slovakia
LW Martin Chromiak (Kingston Frontenacs)
LW Dominik Jendek (Sudbury Wolves)
D David Mudrak (Oshawa Generals)
Sweden
None
Switzerland
D Giancarlo Chanton (Niagara IceDogs)
USA
RW Arthur Kaliyev (Hamilton Bulldogs)
D Hunter Skinner (London Knights)

Last edited:
Reactions: the dog

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Not sure what the criteria is for OHL players on the Euro teams but Ottawa has Simontaival playing for Finland and Marco Rossi playing for Austria.

Technically, I don’t think Ottawa has signed either of their two draft picks from the latest Import Draft so Simontaival is not an Ottawa 67 but it is assumed that if Rossi pays for Minnesota, the 67’s will sign Simontaival to fill Rossi’s roster spot.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Not sure what the criteria is for OHL players on the Euro teams but Ottawa has Simontaival playing for Finland and Marco Rossi playing for Austria.

Technically, I don’t think Ottawa has signed either of their two draft picks from the latest Import Draft so Simontaival is not an Ottawa 67 but it is assumed that if Rossi pays for Minnesota, the 67’s will sign Simontaival to fill Rossi’s roster spot.
I only put on players signed to the OHL. The reason I don't have Rossi on here is because he signed a contract to play in the Swiss pro league.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I only put on players signed to the OHL. The reason I don't have Rossi on here is because he signed a contract to play in the Swiss pro league.

That contract is like many other Euro contracts signed by OHL players, temporary.

That said, I don't see Rossi back but I do see that once that is finalized, Simontaival will join Ottawa, provided there is a viable season. Covid may keep him in Europe.

Will be interesting to see how everything shakes down. Regardless, he'll be a player to watch for 67s fans.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
That contract is like many other Euro contracts signed by OHL players, temporary.

That said, I don't see Rossi back but I do see that once that is finalized, Simontaival will join Ottawa, provided there is a viable season. Covid may keep him in Europe.

Will be interesting to see how everything shakes down. Regardless, he'll be a player to watch for 67s fans.
That Rossi loan was actually from the Minnesota Wild not the 67s. That's why I don't consider him an OHL player anymore

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020

Updated exhibition schedule after German and Swedish positive COVID-19 tests:
December 22
Switzerland vs. Austria (6PM ET/4PM MT)
Finland vs. USA (9:30PM ET/7:30PM MT)
December 23
Canada vs. Russia (6PM ET/4PM MT)
Slovakia vs. Czech Republic (9:30PM ET/7;30 MT)

Last edited:

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Switzerland beats Austria 3-2 tonight in the first pre-tournament game. Chanton (NIA) and Zanetti (PBO) both had no points.

Last edited:

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
USA beats Finland 3-2 in pre-tournament action. Arthur Kaliyev (HAM) scored a PP goal for the US while Hunter Skinner (LDN) had no points.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Canada defeats Russia 1-0 in pre-tournament action. Jamie Drysdale (ER) had the goal and Cole Perfetti (SAG) had an assist on Drysdale's goal.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
The Czech Republic shutouts Slovakia 6-0 in the final pre-tournament game. Nick Malik (SOO) was the player of the game as he picked up the shutout with 14 saves. Jaromir Pytlik (SOO) had a goal and an assist and Martin Hugo Has (GUE) had two assists.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Team captain Kirby Dach left the game with a wrist injury, X-rays needed. Cross your fingers Canada. Hope for good news.

I’m pretty sure he either dislocated or broke a finger.

If he hurt his arm or wrist, he wouldn’t have had his hand out in front of him running to the dressing room. HE’d have had it anchored to his body. Leaving his hand outstretched means he’d be using his wrist to support the weight of his hand as it was trenched out.

Also, guys that hurt or break a wrist automatically pull their arm towards themselves. What they don’t do is shake off their glove.

Anyway, that is my two cents. Let’s just hope it is a dislocation as opposed to a break.

Reactions: Poster man

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
I’m pretty sure he either dislocated or broke a finger.

If he hurt his arm or wrist, he wouldn’t have had his hand out in front of him running to the dressing room. HE’d have had it anchored to his body. Leaving his hand outstretched means he’d be using his wrist to support the weight of his hand as it was trenched out.

Also, guys that hurt or break a wrist automatically pull their arm towards themselves. What they don’t do is shake off their glove.

Anyway, that is my two cents. Let’s just hope it is a dislocation as opposed to a break.

Agreed, let's hope this is a minor injury

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020

Dach has a fracture. It's unclear what he fractured though. He is out for the tournament.

Last edited:

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020

Martin Hugo Has (GUE), Nick Malik (SOO), Jan Mysak (HAM), and Jaromir Pytlik (SOO) all officially make the Czech roster.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I thought it was a broken thumb right from the beginning. Now that he's been ruled out of the tournament itself, I have a feeling I'm bang on.

Yeah. Could be. The video looked like an index or middle finger was bent but could just be the camera angle that made it look like that.

Based on the hit itself and where his hand was, the thumb makes most sense. At least more sense than a regular finger.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Yeah. Could be. The video looked like an index or middle finger was bent but could just be the camera angle that made it look like that.

Based on the hit itself and where his hand was, the thumb makes most sense. At least more sense than a regular finger.

Very serious.
Since he not playing any more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->