OHL Pre-Season Showcase - HarborCenter - Buffalo, New York - Friday, August 31-Sunday, September 2.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
The Ontario Hockey League Pre-Season Showcase returns to the HarborCenter in Buffalo, New York - the weekend of Friday, August 31-Sunday, September 2.

Four teams will take part - playing a round robin - one game per day.
The teams: Erie Otters - Hamilton Bulldogs - Flint Firebirds - Windsor Spitfires.
DjnP4TpW0AEx78g.jpg:small

2018 OHL Pre-Season Showcase Schedule - HarborCenter - Buffalo, New York.

Friday, August 31 - 4:00 pm ET - Hamilton Bulldogs vs Flint Firebirds.
7:00 pm ET - Windsor Spitfires vs Erie Otters.

Saturday, September 1 - 2:30 pm ET - Windsor Spitfires vs Hamilton Bulldogs.
7:00 pm ET - Flint Firebirds vs Erie Otters.

Sunday, September 2 - 12:30 pm ET - Flint Firebirds vs Windsor Spitfires.
3:15 pm ET - Erie Otters vs Hamilton Bulldogs.

Tickets - $20 per day or $40 for all three days.

Last edited:

rabinsurance

Jul 5, 2007
I went to this last year on Saturday. There were 6 teams, 3 games a day. It was fun. I went to the 716 between the games. Lots of scouts in the building.

Reactions: LaxSabre

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
No word on why they shorten it to only four teams (thus only two games a day) from last years (six teams (thus only three games a day). Guess they only could get four teams to take part. Getting Erie and Hamilton will help with attendence. Too bad Niagara isn't involved though.

Unfortunately for Sabres fans though, they have no prospects playing on any one of the four teams. There will be Sabres alumni there that weekend though as former defenseman Mike Weber is currently a coach with the Windsor Spitfires.

Thought maybe with the less teams/games the cost would be lower than last year but its the same. Still the one day pass-two games for $20 and the three day pass-six games for $40 is a good deal.

A fellow Sabres season ticket holder that I know attended one of the days last year and it was tough for him to get through all three games so he would like it being only two games per day - thats if he is attending this year. (I'm going to see if he wants to attend the Sunday games with me - that would probably be the only day I'll be able to attend.)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad