OHL Power Rankings - Week 6

Macker88

Jul 15, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
It's a week to week ranking more or less, Niagara went undefeated this past week, on a five game win streak and have won seven of their last ten.

London for instance had just one game and it was against a lowly Guelph team, they went 1-0, 1 win is less impressive then three. Teams like London, Windsor, Erie, Kitchener, Kingston etc wont drop to far for one loss because of their overall record, but they will drop some. If this is overall for the full six weeks of the season Niagara would not be third.

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
It's a week to week ranking more or less, Niagara went undefeated this past week, on a five game win streak and have won seven of their last ten.

London for instance had just one game and it was against a lowly Guelph team, they went 1-0, 1 win is less impressive then three. Teams like London, Windsor, Erie, Kitchener, Kingston etc wont drop to far for one loss because of their overall record, but they will drop some. If this is overall for the full six weeks of the season Niagara would not be third.

Using that logic... shouldn't Niagara be ahead of Windsor considering they won the match-up between the two teams this week?

Last edited:

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Aw man, no write ups this week? I used to think you needed to fire your editor :) but now that you've explained the situation, I get it. You're a busy guy with no editor. I look forward to these every week, especially when you have the free time to do a little writing with them. Thanks.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Hamilton 20th... not a shock. Burnett was at his worst this weekend. And I don't know if the Bricknell trade will help much.

Macker88

Jul 15, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Fishfan it's not an exact science I have no real formula. I try an base it week to week to better justify the rankings. This week was tough with Erie, Kitchener, Windsor and Kingston all losing once.. London playing just once an there win coming over Guelph. Throw in a 9-7 team like Niagara going undefeated three straight it got tough.

Savard - Will get back to full write up next weekend, with what happened in Flint Sunday I had to get an article on that up and it took away timr from the Power Rankings. Given how tough it was to rank the teams this week an short write up probably would of helped lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad