OHL Players To Watch For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrentZ10

Jun 30, 2005
I just got season tickets to the Saginaw Spirit and am really excited because it's such great hockey and it's a bargain too. Anyways, who are the players to really look for to have huge seasons this year? Who are the guys who could go really high in next years draft?

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Congratulations on your tickets! Saginaw ought to have a much improved team this year, and the fans are terrific.

There are a few players who I expect will do very well - Bryan Little (Barrie) is probably the OHL'er that will be drafted the highest next year and McGinn (Ottawa) should be right up there.

eaton28

Feb 5, 2005
Yves Bastien, not eligable for the upcoming NHL draft, but was drafted in the 2nd round of the OHL draft to Kitchener. He will be a player that puts big numbers up for Kitchener.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
eaton28 said:
Yves Bastien, not eligable for the upcoming NHL draft, but was drafted in the 2nd round of the OHL draft to Kitchener. He will be a player that puts big numbers up for Kitchener.
That's VERY good to hear! Who would you compare him to?

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
eaton28 said:

How old? Is he an '89?

Where did he play last year?

Why do you suggest he will put up big numbers?

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
for the spirit tom mainnino and jack combs have alot of skill they just have put it all together. maybe the change of scenery and icrease in playing time will help them out. id want to get a look at tavares also. i personally would also be interested in seeing 2 late 87 americans vlad nikiforov and nick foligno, both are from my area and its nice to keep up w their progress.

RE-HABS

Feb 27, 2002
CANADA
Watch Logan Couture with the 67's he has something to prove to everyone in the "O" and will play with a real chip on his shoulder this year (was the #1 prospect until Tavares was allowed in the draft).

Also watch Mark Katic, 2nd overall pick in Sarnia. He is a smooth skating Dman with a great hockey sense and should develop into a great QB on the blueline in Sarnia for the next couple of seasons.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Bobby Ryan Getzlaf said:
I hope he has a monster year where his stock rises and all the nay-sayers will realize Burkey made an awesome move picking him at #2. That'd be freakin' sweet.

I thought he was going to be in the NHL?

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
On Saginaw watch for D Scott Fletcher to have a big season and shoot up the draft rankings. He really impressed me the games I saw last year. On Windsor D Mike Weber should be one to watch for as well.

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
monster_bertuzzi said:
Bob Ryan should lead the OHL in scoring next year.

I think "might" would be a better term - there are lots of other good players in the OHL who can put up points - Schremp, Pouliot, Bolland etc, etc.

Tom

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
thomasincanada said:
I think "might" would be a better term - there are lots of other good players in the OHL who can put up points - Schremp, Pouliot, Bolland etc, etc.

Tom

Pouliot will not lead the OHL in scoring IMO

just don't see him being able to produce that many points.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
HabLover said:
How old? Is he an '89?

Where did he play last year?

Why do you suggest he will put up big numbers?

Yves Bastien is an 89' Bday from just outside of North Bay

Played North Bay Skyhawks Jr. A and had a very good year for an 89'

He's a smaller player but plays hard and has a great scoring touch.

Should put up 10-15 goals his rookie year and maybe 35 pts (something similar to the number emmerton put up last season)

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Your Saginaw team made a great draft pick 3rd overall... His name is Zack Torquato he's from Sudbury and absolutely dominated in Jr. B last year for Stratford. I think is he gets 1st or 2nd line duties he could be one of, if not the leading rookie scorer in the OHL.

5"11 185 sturdy on the puck and has awesome offensive instincts.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
ktownhockey said:
Pouliot will not lead the OHL in scoring IMO

just don't see him being able to produce that many points.

i think pouliot is very overated also. hes got good skills, but seems kind of listless. if he ever puts it all together he'll be very good, but who knows if that will ever happen.

BrentZ10

Jun 30, 2005
ktownhockey said:
Your Saginaw team made a great draft pick 3rd overall... His name is Zack Torquato he's from Sudbury and absolutely dominated in Jr. B last year for Stratford. I think is he gets 1st or 2nd line duties he could be one of, if not the leading rookie scorer in the OHL.

5"11 185 sturdy on the puck and has awesome offensive instincts.
Oh yeah, I'm really looking forward to seeing this kid play. I may be able to see him play with the team as soon as this weekend at the teams scrimmage.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
BrentZ10 said:
Oh yeah, I'm really looking forward to seeing this kid play. I may be able to see him play with the team as soon as this weekend at the teams scrimmage.

I hope you do... don't expect too much though when you go in doing that your only going to see the bad things he does.

However he's the kind of guy that knows how to put points on the board plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad