OHL Player of the week announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
OneSpeedOnly said:
Hear,hear. Ryan was much better, despite Richardson's goals.
How has Ryan's skating looked so far? Has it improved a lot since last season?

Also, how has Combs been?

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Postman said:
How has Ryan's skating looked so far? Has it improved a lot since last season?

Also, how has Combs been?

His pure straight line speed is not lot better, but you can see huge improvements. He is much more fit, so doesn't tire, and stays at full speed more, and his turns, backward skating and acceleration are all vastly improved. I don't think his skating will be a problem come draft time like many thought. To illustrate how much better it is. He is playing the PK and 4 on 4 regularly, something he didn't do last year.

Not sure who you mean by Combs, Wes Cunningham?

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
OneSpeedOnly said:
Not sure who you mean by Combs, Wes Cunningham?

No no he means Jack Combs of Kitchener. At one point he was one of the best USA players for his age group out there, possibly still is. He had issues with his fitnees which scared people off but people were comparing him to Ray Sheppard at one point. I think he could one of the top 30 players for next years draft IMO, he does have the talent, good to see he chose the OHL though, USA was not treating him good at all.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
moosefan said:
No no he means Jack Combs of Kitchener. At one point he was one of the best USA players for his age group out there, possibly still is. He had issues with his fitnees which scared people off but people were comparing him to Ray Sheppard at one point. I think he could one of the top 30 players for next years draft IMO, he does have the talent, good to see he chose the OHL though, USA was not treating him good at all.

Only saw Kitchener in the preseason once, and can't say I remember anyone called Combs, sorry. I was really focusing on Richards, McGrath and the 3 d-men. I'm hoping to get down to Kitchener 10-12 times, so i'll keep an eye out.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
moosefan said:
He scored his first OHL goal yesterday against London. Unusual skating style, but it looks as though he'll be a good one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad