OHL Mock Draft

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Sirrizotti to the Attack makes a whole lot of sense to me. (If he’s still there @ 10)

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Rychel has never been one to shy away from gaining an extra 2nd or 3rd if it helps the team long term. Windsor does have extra picks down the line (2nds and others), so I could see something like a future 2nd/4th for a 2019 2nd. That kind of thing.

I think it's tough to get Pastujov out of his commitment because of the family ties to the US program. Do I think it's impossible? No. It's just not a risk I would take with the picks set up the way they are. (ie. if Windsor had the 15th and 30th picks, I'd consider risking it) The Spitfires will get an incredible talent with that pick that they don't need to convince, so why take the longshot chance?
I could see Ottawa being open to trading one of their two second picks as we'll have limited roster room next year and future picks could be used in trades.

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
I could see Ottawa being open to trading one of their two second picks as we'll have limited roster room next year and future picks could be used in trades.
67 fan - you posted on the Ottawa board that Prospects Pipeline says this is a strong draft. can you post something to support that? Have not seen or heard anyone saying this is a strong draft, and wondering if we are missing something?

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Anyone have a first round prediction for all the teams in the league 1-20 picks???
Since I've got time on my hands today I'll give it a stab based on what I've read
1-King-Wright
2-Flint-Othman
3-Erie-Lockhart
4-Bar-Clarke
5-Petes-Pinelli
6-Wind-Mctavish
7-Sar-Harrison
8-Ham-Sirizzotti
9-NB-Arnsby
10-OS-Arcuri
11-Petes-DelMastro
12-Mis-Mailloux
13-Kit-Kressler
14-Gue-Bloom
15-Sud-Roloff
16-Osh-Goure
17-Nia-Guryev
18-Ssm-Johnston
19-Sag-Saganiuk
20-Lon-Schmidt
21-Ott-Christopoulos

A few notes
1-Don't see Erie taking a D (Clarke) at number 3
2- with rumors of Mctavish not wanting to report to petes I don't think they can take a chance as no comp pick this year so Windsor wins one here. Pinelli however is imo close to Mctavish
3- I know Schmidt is commited to Ncaa but I think he reports to London

Reactions: LDN and TcNorth

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
67 fan - you posted on the Ottawa board that Prospects Pipeline says this is a strong draft. can you post something to support that? Have not seen or heard anyone saying this is a strong draft, and wondering if we are missing something?
2019 OHL Draft Ranking: Final Top-300
Moreover, those chosen outside of the second-round in this year’s Priority Selection hold brighter futures than ever before. Owing to the depth of this year’s draft class, prospects projected to be chosen in the middle of the event and towards its end hold not only tremendous skill but the potential to develop into quality players in the major-junior ranks.

Reactions: LR8

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
It wasn't me but somebody else on the board and we did ask for his source as I have not heard its a particular strong draft either. Its on the board something from prospect pipeline I believe.

Reactions: LR8

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I have not heard its a particular strong draft either.
Hounds prepare for OHL draft
Greyhounds GM:
As has been his approach, Raftis said he’ll continue to take the best player available in the opening round, regardless of position.

He also spoke of the depth he sees in the draft, noting how there are a lot of good options in the middle rounds.

“There’s not really a spot where it drops off,” he added. “There should be good talent available between Rounds 3-6.”

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
It wasn't me but somebody else on the board and we did ask for his source as I have not heard its a particular strong draft either. Its on the board something from prospect pipeline I believe.

second hand but my freinds in the ohl think its a pretty below average draft. with all due respect to prospect pipeline they do a great job, better then anyone else who does draft stuff, but i think they are off on that.

Reactions: BadgerBruce and LR8

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Have heard repeatedly there is lots of middle ground in this draft, which is in line with comments about it not dropping off as much in middle rounds. Little difference between potential of 2 and possibly 6th rounder, which might lead to some surprises. Also might make taking a flyer on a committed player in the first worth the gamble. Agree with OHL4Life about Prospect pipeline. Have to remember that these services have an interest in pumping the draft class. Only time will tell and there will be lots of stars hearing their name called Saturday. Not sure it is deep, and less potential outside the top guys.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
I stand by my belief that all the mock draft is just a rough template of who could go in the order of when your team picks.

More times then not the top 20-40 picks will change order right up till they're picked but more times then not those lists are in the ballpark for who you may get in the first 2 rounds.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Have heard repeatedly there is lots of middle ground in this draft, which is in line with comments about it not dropping off as much in middle rounds. Little difference between potential of 2 and possibly 6th rounder, which might lead to some surprises. Also might make taking a flyer on a committed player in the first worth the gamble. Agree with OHL4Life about Prospect pipeline. Have to remember that these services have an interest in pumping the draft class. Only time will tell and there will be lots of stars hearing their name called Saturday. Not sure it is deep, and less potential outside the top guys.

to be fair prospect pipeline isnt a service, they are a blog, and they do a great job, better then the services do i bet. all im saying is my freinds in the ohl disagree with the statement that its a deep draft. the player you get at 13 this year wont be as good as the guy at 13 last year is the message. perhaps the guy you get at 30 this year may be as good as the guy you get at 13, but thats not deep, that just means theres less standouts and less established talent. saying its deep makes it sound like there are 80 great optinos, it sounds like there are maybe 5 great options and then 40 question marks.

IceCube

Mar 20, 2014
Possible top 10, from what I am hearing.

Kingston Wright
Flint Othman
Erie Lockhart
Barrie Clarke
Petes McTavish...reporting issues
Windsor Winterton or Michaud
Sarnia Arnsby or Pinelli
Hamilton Pinelli or Johnston
North Bay Winterton, Michaud, Arnsby depending what is left
Owen Sound Harrison

All appear to covet the same players, 6 thru 9, just a matter of order now.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
second hand but my freinds in the ohl think its a pretty below average draft. with all due respect to prospect pipeline they do a great job, better then anyone else who does draft stuff, but i think they are off on that.
Have we established that prospect pipeline ever claimed this? The only quote from them here is the one I posted that specifically talks to only rounds 3+

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Have we established that prospect pipeline ever claimed this? The only quote from them here is the one I posted that specifically talks to only rounds 3+

they said it yesterday on twitter

i dont mean any disrespect to them, they do a fantastic job, just the only time ive heard that its deep, 5/6 different scouts on teams and none of them think its a deep draft.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

Yes, that is my understanding of the situation as well. It is a deep draft filled with quality but not what you would consider “top end.”

It looks like it doesnt’ favour the high first round pickers much. It looks more like it favours those with a volume of picks from the 2nd through 5th rounds. IF you have a lot of picks in that range, you are probably going to be happy in a couple years.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Wow that's a lot, there must be somebody they really like in round two!

That's my consensus the Attack now have picks

1st (10)
2nd (29)
2nd (42)
3rd (56)
4th (70)
4th (75)
5th (86)
5th (100)

Within the first 100 picks across 5 rounds, and according to Owen Sound Sun Times Sports writer Greg Cowan the team has a legitimate 2nd round selection as the one 2nd was part the Will Cuylle deal from Peterborough to Windsor and was conditional. in that deal.

Reactions: LDN

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Yes, that is my understanding of the situation as well. It is a deep draft filled with quality but not what you would consider “top end.”

It looks like it doesnt’ favour the high first round pickers much. It looks more like it favours those with a volume of picks from the 2nd through 5th rounds. IF you have a lot of picks in that range, you are probably going to be happy in a couple years.

Actually sounds great at the top, not so good 10-40 (except some ‘commits’), and deeper than normal quality depth rounds 3-5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->