OHL Mock Draft

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I certainly hope the Rangers start to draft more size and skill. Brock has them taking Saganuik. If he is in fact 5'6" 150 pounds the Rangers have enough players that size. At the moment it's their downfall against the huge Storm team. No thanks!

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
A first round mock draft for your enjoyment.

OHL Prospects: 2019 OHL Priority Selection Mock Draft

Good read

Again suprised though that people keep having Erie taking Clarke. If it’s strictly a power ranking or how you would draft it, then yes makes more sense. But all indications from Erie media and staff indicates that they will take a forward. So that alone should have people predicting that they take a forward. Also, just actually looking and watching their roster they have a bigger need at finding a star forward than a star defender. I know people are drooling over Drysdale/Clarke but Erie also has an entire team to build...

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Brock is awesome! Thank you for the mock from you and the other contributors.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Very interesting as usual Brock. However as good as Deni Goure seems I believe Ottawa will go for a d-man as even though we're returning all our D except Hoefenmayer next year, the year after we likely lose Wilson, Bahl, Okhotiuk, and Rippon. Leaves us with only Peric and Belanger so need to plan for that. I guess an argument can be made to pick BPA but as we pick 21st need might win, jmo.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Very interesting as usual Brock. However as good as Deni Goure seems I believe Ottawa will go for a d-man as even though we're returning all our D except Hoefenmayer next year, the year after we likely lose Wilson, Bahl, Okhotiuk, and Rippon. Leaves us with only Peric and Belanger so need to plan for that. I guess an argument can be made to pick BPA but as we pick 21st need might win, jmo.

Same with London really, except they’ll have no room at forward and lots of openings on D. Why take another forward to rot on the bench or in the press box?

Reactions: sirius67fan

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Same with London really, except they’ll have no room at forward and lots of openings on D. Why take another forward to rot on the bench or in the press box?
Sounds a lot like Sault Ste. Marie's predicament. I suspect we might see more D go first round in the real draft.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Anybody hearing anything new? Still expect it to shake out like this...

1. Kingston - Wright
2. Flint - Othmann
3. Erie - Lockhart/Saganiuk
4. Barrie - Clarke
5. Petes - McTavish
6. Windsor - Lockhart/Saganiuk/Zhilkin
7. Sarnia - Pinelli

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Anybody hearing anything new? Still expect it to shake out like this...

1. Kingston - Wright
2. Flint - Othmann
3. Erie - Lockhart/Saganiuk
4. Barrie - Clarke
5. Petes - McTavish
6. Windsor - Lockhart/Saganiuk/Zhilkin
7. Sarnia - Pinelli

dont see windsor taking zhilkin

Hockeyoutsider

Aug 25, 2018
is it possible windosr takes pastujov and gets a comp pick next year? if im Windsor id take him just so London cant, its a win win in my eyes even if they cant move the defected player

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
is it possible windosr takes pastujov and gets a comp pick next year? if im Windsor id take him just so London cant, its a win win in my eyes even if they cant move the defected player

I don't think that's necessarily the smartest move. Whoever Windsor takes will be in their second or third season when the Spitfires are ready to make the run, which is perfect timing. If you wait a season, the player could be a rookie and that's risky. This is a big draft for Rychel so you have to hit hard with the pick.

Hockeyoutsider

Aug 25, 2018
I don't think that's necessarily the smartest move. Whoever Windsor takes will be in their second or third season when the Spitfires are ready to make the run, which is perfect timing. If you wait a season, the player could be a rookie and that's risky. This is a big draft for Rychel so you have to hit hard with the pick.
absolutely, this is a HUGE draft for windsor going forward, but rychel drafts very well and deals even better, having 2 1sts in 2020 will give 2 top end rookies experience on a team that's competing, making Windsor a more attractive place to play and win, do they have a 2nd round pick this year?

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012

The problem is that Windsor is not in the position to take that risk, they pick 6th, 41st and 67th. The have 2 great rookies in Foudy and Cuylle that they need to build around. Even if they get a haul for a defected Pastujov, that only gives them picks in the 2020 draft going into the season that those 2 will be starting to peak, do you really want to surround them with 16 year olds?
Windsor is in desperate need of a competitive team. Signing Cuylle last year was a clear sign they are trying to build sooner than later. I don’t see any way WR takes a step backwards betting on a comp pick. The only way they pick Pastujov is if they get word he would report

Edit: I see that this has already been replayed to, started my reply but got delayed. Didn’t see the updated posts

Reactions: OHLTG

Hockeyoutsider

Aug 25, 2018
They have Ottawa's 2nd this season, so it's closer to a third than a true second.

The way Rychel was talking after the final game made it sound like they're using the sixth pick as they expect it to be a big player.
ok then with that said pastujov is out of question, would be a good move if they had a higher 2nd round pick the way rychel drafts IMO. sticking with the pastujov topic. is there a way to get him to report to Windsor with it being close to home? I see the NCAA route never worked for his brothers the way it was supposed to

Last edited:

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
ok then with that said pastujov is out of question, would be a good move if they had a higher 2nd round pick the way rychel drafts IMO. sticking with the pastujov topic. is there a way to get him to report to Windsor with it being close to home. I see the NCAA route never worked for his brothers the way it was supposed to

Rychel has never been one to shy away from gaining an extra 2nd or 3rd if it helps the team long term. Windsor does have extra picks down the line (2nds and others), so I could see something like a future 2nd/4th for a 2019 2nd. That kind of thing.

I think it's tough to get Pastujov out of his commitment because of the family ties to the US program. Do I think it's impossible? No. It's just not a risk I would take with the picks set up the way they are. (ie. if Windsor had the 15th and 30th picks, I'd consider risking it) The Spitfires will get an incredible talent with that pick that they don't need to convince, so why take the longshot chance?

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
You guys forsure know your stuff But I must question the Owen Sound taking a Dman in the first round when they are loaded on D and desperatly need scoring

You won't see Owen Sound take a D man with the 1st pick, this team already has 6 returning D already in the depth chart for next season plus minus a guy here there with the NHL entry draft. Theres more a likelihood that the Attack will take a power forward center, the team has enough depth on the blueline but will need a strong faceoff man to win draws next season.

Most teams will add a defenseman in the draft and I have no doubt that the team will add one to the draft but not with the 1st rounder this year. The team is missing a strong power forward up front. You'll more likely see a power forward not a defenseman.

Reactions: Noofgoof

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->