OHL livestream

Lyons89

Aug 21, 2012
I was hoping to get some feedback from people that have used this option to watch OHL games. I have a question on it.
Is the feed (audio/video), the same as you would see on the OHL action pack on Rogers?
And is there anything else I should be aware of? Also where is the option to purchase. I can't find it anywhere. Thanks

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
The feeds are not necessarily the TV cameras, some may be just centre ice ones or scout feeds. Some are arenas are better than others, better lighting, better cameras etc. I quit watching games out Plymouth are the picture was terrible, that isn't an issue now for obvious reasons. Some are radio calls not what you get on the OHL ActionPak TV calls. Bottom line the quality / production is all over the map and isn't as good as cable TV but it is a way to watch the OHL if you don't have the ActionPak. I usually only use it, because I do have the ActionPak, to watch the US games or the odd northern game that isn't on TV when the Frontenacs play. The ActionPak sometimes gives away free viewing around Christmas time. The season pass is reasonably priced. You can watch a replay of a game for 1/2 price. Season pass allows replay anytime which is included in the price.

willy29

Aug 30, 2010
Ontario, Canada
The feeds are not necessarily the TV cameras, some may be just centre ice ones or scout feeds. Some are arenas are better than others, better lighting, better cameras etc. I quit watching games out Plymouth are the picture was terrible, that isn't an issue now for obvious reasons. Some are radio calls not what you get on the OHL ActionPak TV calls. Bottom line the quality / production is all over the map and isn't as good as cable TV but it is a way to watch the OHL if you don't have the ActionPak. I usually only use it, because I do have the ActionPak, to watch the US games or the odd northern game that isn't on TV when the Frontenacs play. The ActionPak sometimes gives away free viewing around Christmas time. The season pass is reasonably priced. You can watch a replay of a game for 1/2 price. Season pass allows replay anytime which is included in the price.

Have to agree - some feeds are better than others. Did have a few games last year that the video and audio were so out of sync, I had to email and get a credit.

Its a good option when the games are not on the action pak or in the US.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
I use the Livestream quite a bit.

Audio feed will match TV feed in most cases. Typically they are the local Rogers / Cogeco feed.

SSM - is the worst, don't bother paying. It is a single center ice came sync'ed to the local radio broadcast. Not sure why as they have a home TV broadcast.

Plymouth - Not great as mentioned.

OS - Not an HD feed... I still watch since they are my team but the lack of HD cameras and lighting make for a tough watch. I wish Fred did radio for home games.

Overall I fine the Cogeco feeds better than the Rogers feeds.

Lyons89

Aug 21, 2012
Thanks for the feedback guys. I was with Cogeco a couple years back and had it with them, but when I moved Cogeco wasn't offered. I am with bell now, but will have to switch to Rogers I guess

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
OHL Livestream is terrible... if I don't watch it live or on tv, I use hockeystreams. Way better quality and access to a lot more games and teams.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
I will have to check out hockeystreams this season. I can't get games any other way than internet so I was trapped into livestream.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I will have to check out hockeystreams this season. I can't get games any other way than internet so I was trapped into livestream.

it's well worth it. I think the full season pass is around $100 but you get every single NHL, AHL, and CHL game. They have a pretty good android app too.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
It seems you can't sign up for it anymore (Hockey streams) It's invite only?

My two cents on OHL Livestream, it's gotten a lot better in the 2nd half of the year when they went to the new video player. Certain tv feeds are legit HD. Other feeds like the Soo are really blurry, scout feeds from Erie and Saginaw have improved a lot as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad