OHL LIVE or CHL LIVE streams

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
I can't seem to find it on the OHL's site anymore, but if I recall correctly, it was over 200 dollars for an OHL package. Not sure how many games that included either.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
For the ohl and whl its the same, I think 3.95 for a single archived game and 7.95 for a live game. Then they sell a small package like one or two months, a half season package, and a full season package. The full package is over 200. With these packages you can watch live or archived games.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I am definitely getting the WHL one this year and am highly considering the OHL one too. Yikes. That's like 500 dollars worth of jr hockey, plus my regular cable package and my NHL online package!

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
If I were you I'd look around on the OHL board and ask a few people about the quality of it before you buy it. From what I remember hearing it wasn't always the best, and didn't always work.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
If I were you I'd look around on the OHL board and ask a few people about the quality of it before you buy it. From what I remember hearing it wasn't always the best, and didn't always work.

Hmmm.

The WHL one never really had any problems that I know of.

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
Hmmm.

I could very well be thinking about a different service (I've never used it), I just remember reading some posts on the OHL board about them having some difficulties. I've always had the Rogers package or I've been at school in Halifax watching the Mooseheads.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

There's a game once in a while that ends halfway or only starts at the halfway point, something like that. Or maybe rarely you'll get bad reception quality. But most of the time it's fine. I can't complain really. I've only come across that a couple times, and I've watched a ton of junior hockey. I watch the OHL more than WHL, but I imagine the WHL is the same since they are both powered by the same service.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
I think they also have packages for each teams (both home and away or just home games). I'm seriously considering a Sarnia Sting package to see Yakupov and Galchenyuk a lot this year, plus whoever they play against.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009

It isn't great, but it's okay. So games it's pretty good and other times not so much after what I recall.

Oct 15, 2008

Quality isnt very good, and its expensive for what you are getting. But there isnt any alternatives, at least where I live. Some people in Ontario get ohl included when they buy CI, but out west where I live you have to purchase each league separately (ohl, whl, qmjhl). They are all provided by neulion, who also provides a similar package for ahl games.

In short, it sucks but there is no alternative.

So you get what you get.

Its better than nothing.

But not by much.

Coramoor

Aug 8, 2011
In ontario i think the super sports pack offered by cogeco has the ohl package included in it, but that 200 bucks seems very expensive considering the nhl is only 150 alone, although i guess the need for cameras etc is probably a bit harder to come by for the ohl then the nhl where basically every game is on tv somewhere in the USA or Canada at this point

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
I get the OHL one on my TV with Rogers because I have NFL,NHL and MLB packs. I don't watch it that often but I do once in a while. I wish that were an option for the Q but our only option for that is to pay for the sometimes sketchy online feeds.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
For the ohl and whl its the same, I think 3.95 for a single archived game and 7.95 for a live game. Then they sell a small package like one or two months, a half season package, and a full season package. The full package is over 200. With these packages you can watch live or archived games.

I'm probably going to be going this route this year, but does anyone know how long it takes after a game is played for them to archive it on the site?

17Kurri

Apr 10, 2010
Hmmm.

Yah, agreed, the WHL feeds were quite good quality. Of course, I didn't have any issues with any of the games I watched from the OHL and QMJHL, either, so maybe it's just dependent on each buyer's IT resources...

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I am thinking about getting the package for one of the junior leagues this season. But the price is pretty daunting. It either costs a fortune for them to do it and they have to recoup costs or its monopoly price gouging. Not sure there is a big enough market for the service so I bet its just what they need to charge to make it worth it for them. Its a stinky price though. Would like to subscribe but dang. Maybe I'll just do a few games here and there.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I am thinking about getting the package for one of the junior leagues this season. But the price is pretty daunting. It either costs a fortune for them to do it and they have to recoup costs or its monopoly price gouging. Not sure there is a big enough market for the service so I bet its just what they need to charge to make it worth it for them. Its a stinky price though. Would like to subscribe but dang. Maybe I'll just do a few games here and there.

It's definitely not worth the price if you're not going to make a commitment to it. I watch tons of junior hockey so it works out to a steal for me. I started out watching a few games here and there also, then I got hooked and now I get the OHL full package and I'm thinking about getting the WHL too.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
The WHL one is $320 this year. Talk about a massive price. The early bird price is $299.

That includes all games, but still.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I will just be getting the WHL one this year. I got the OHL one last year as well but I cannot justify getting both

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
So what do you say? Is the quality of the WHL streamings good/accaptable? I'd like to watsch the Rockets game tonight.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
I've heard good reports of hockey streams. CHL, AHL and NHL - $99 for the year. I haven't tried it though, maybe email them for a trail version.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad