OHL in trouble

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
With law suits from injured players minwage Icedogs the latest team to be fined for tampering and past sanctions and attendance drop is this leauge going to survive much longer.
Naw your just mad dude League is doing fine. After the Spits got caught all teams should know better than to cheat or at the very least don't be dumb enough to get caught .

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
I may just be speaking from my personal experience, but the casual Knights fan who goes out to the occasional Friday night game couldn't even tell you who most of the players on the team are rather know or understand what's going on behind the scenes.

the people who do understand and know are the diehards like us and I don't see us giving up on OHL hockey now as we have quite clearly known about teams doing this for some time.

the OHL and its attendance will be just fine

three dog night

May 3, 2014
No, I really do not believe the league is in trouble. Attendance going "down" by 40-50 people is not a cause for concern. Interesting the timing your opinion is coming up.
It the other things going on I think the law suit is still on and the min wage talk and I believe overall attendance is down by more than those figures and I here complaints that the league is too soft.

Reactions: Sec108

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Your timing on this one could not have been worse.
This is a chicken little thread. The Ice Dogs get sanctioned for whatever reason and all of a sudden the sky is falling and the whole league is going down the tube. The OHL is a unique sport. We are lucky to have such highly skilled junior hockey to watch at a fairly reasonable price. Some of these players are able to either step into the NHL or do so after a couple of years. For passionate hockey fans this is a great league.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Oh... sorry... I knew Niagara was behind the times... just didn't think you were that far back.... article is dated January 2017... here in the future that's more than 2 years ago.
And by all accounts nothing has changed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad