OHL Draft - top 5 picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Vaive is a dual-citizen. He was at the NTDP tryouts a few months back.

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
HabLover said:
Anyone know the stats of these guys for the Marlboros this year? Did Tavares outscore them?

Vaive had 35 goals, 56 assists in 61 games.
Gagne had 63 goals, 110 assists in 69 games.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Charlie_Girl49 said:
I'm brilliant, I tell ya....

Greg Zavitz - Lambton Jr. Sting
Adam Steadman - Lambton Jr. Sting

Both selected by London in the 15th round.

Thank you Uncle Mark... Thank you Uncle Dale! :D

Big deal 15th round picks! They won't make the team for a year or two if ever.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Charlie_Girl49 said:
Gagner - 4th round - London
Vaive - 3rd round - Sudbury

What an interesting pick Gagner for London was. If he was going CHL route he would have been top 5 or 10. I think London picked him b/c they think they might be able to pursuade him to come to London. You never know I guess.

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
trahans99 said:
What an interesting pick Gagner for London was. If he was going CHL route he would have been top 5 or 10. I think London picked him b/c they think they might be able to pursuade him to come to London. You never know I guess.

No chance. His family is moving to Minnesota and they have stated he is going to play college hockey. He'll be in the USHL next year

mrichard

Feb 25, 2004
Ohl-top 5 Draft Pick

Vaive? That is the Rick Vaive son--former leaf player?
thanks

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
Surprising that no one took a gamble on Anthony Maiani. He must be totally committed to the USHL and the NCAA at this point for no one to pick him.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
PuckFan01 said:
No chance. His family is moving to Minnesota and they have stated he is going to play college hockey. He'll be in the USHL next year

I know that right now many are probably saying that it was all fixed and Gagner had not intention of ever going the NCAA route but before the draft, I had thought that there was a 10% chance that he would play in the OHL. As soon as London stepped forward and drafted him that chance increased to about 25%. When Hunter stated that he would make a full court press to sign him, it suddenly became a 50-50 chance.

If I were Sioux City of the USHL, I would be very very concerned about their chance of landing him now because it looks as if he is turning his eye towards the OHL for next season.

Link

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/Junior/2005/05/15/1040714.html

derbyfan

Nov 23, 2002
Visit site
VOB said:
I know that right now many are probably saying that it was all fixed and Gagner had not intention of ever going the NCAA route but before the draft, I had thought that there was a 10% chance that he would play in the OHL. As soon as London stepped forward and drafted him that chance increased to about 25%. When Hunter stated that he would make a full court press to sign him, it suddenly became a 50-50 chance.

If I were Sioux City of the USHL, I would be very very concerned about their chance of landing him now because it looks as if he is turning his eye towards the OHL for next season.

Link

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/Junior/2005/05/15/1040714.html

:handclap:
Wow. I didn't think the OHL had much of a chance after what the Gagner's had been saying about selling their house, moving to Minny etc...
Guess that shows what 9,000 strong and an OHL title will do to change your mind.
He picked a heck of a game to see the arena & city for the first time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad