OHL App....no longer working?

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
I have the OHL app on my phone and if I click on it, a message comes up (for about 1 second) that appears to say a new CHL app has come out and the OHL app is no longer existing.

Is this for real, or am I alone in having this issue?

the new CHL app seems terrible, so I hope something is done

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
I'm one that's on the fence about this issue.

On one hand it's nice to have all three CHL leagues on one app instead of the original 3 is useful for some things like checking league standings which is similar to the how the website is that allows users to change leagues and pages within one window.

However considering that it was put out very quickly I believe that there is still a few bugs to work on before it's perfected, the load time is very delayed compared to the old apps which could be perfeced.

It's very obvious that the opinions of a few who disagree with the CHL's decision to have one app for all three leagues is something that is certainly up for debate. Personally it depends on the user how you see it as a positive or negative view. I have been using the new CHL app for the past few weeks and have had fairly reasonable success.

Like anything new it's easier to complain about something that hasn't been out for very long or lives up to expectations. However let's look at the bigger picture it wasn't so many years ago that the CHL chose to uniform all the CHL team's websites and there was disagreements about finding certain things like purchasing tickets, news links etc.

The new app is no different just the fans who are used to the old ways need more time to get used to the new ways of course not everyone will agree to this change but we the fans need to just except that it has happened and move forward in supporting our home teams. The CHL has more pressing matters then trying to fix issues with applications that fans us complain about, like player safety.

As long as it's a fair bit of an improvement over the old ways we the fans will just have to accept that this is the new norm for now.

bigsportsfan

Sep 28, 2012
The new CHL app is horrible. Sometimes nothing loads at all and when it does load, its slow. Checking scores use to be quick on the old OHL app and now its a hassle on the new CHL app. Sometimes new isn't better.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Ya I'm not a fan of this new app. Sure, it might be cool for that odd time I want to check in on a player or team from one of the other leagues, but as previously mentioned, it takes forever to load. Then it occasionally crashes while trying to check in on out of town scores. The original OHL app wasn't the best thing going, but at least it worked.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
All of the old apps were garbage, but at least you knew how to navigate them.

Now? Switching between clubs is easy once you figure it out(go to the menu, click on the + and select the league & team)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad