OHL Action Pack (Cogeco)

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of making the switch from Bell to Cogeco and subscribing to the Super Sports Pak which includes the OHL Action Pack. If I did, how many of the OHL's total regular season games are included? The majority? Only a select few nightly?

Thanks!

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Pretty much all OHL games except for Sportsnet broadcasts. I've had it for a year and it's awesome. You also get all NHL games.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Thabks guys.

Reading into it a bit more has me confused. On the Rogers site it says around 600 OHL games but on the Cogeco site it says up to 250 games.

So is that number outdated or is the OHL Action Pack different on Rogers vs Cogeco?

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Thabks guys.

Reading into it a bit more has me confused. On the Rogers site it says around 600 OHL games but on the Cogeco site it says up to 250 games.

So is that number outdated or is the OHL Action Pack different on Rogers vs Cogeco?
I have the Cogeco AP and the number is outdated - you get numbers close to the Rogers numbers, almost every game - Early in the year the Soo game sometimes is not show and you don't always get the Sudbury game via Eastlink. What is nice is the addition of the 3 American centers with Erie coming on board this year. The OHL AP is the only reason I have stuck to cable TV.

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
I have Cogeco and like everyone has said you get almost all the games in and in HD.

Now exception to this is that SSM, Shaw and Sudbury Eastlink are not always on and are not in HD at the present time.

All US games have been televised.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Awesome, thanks so much guys!

Just ordered Cogeco and will be cancelling Bell. Pretty pumped for the Super Sports Pack. I already have Gamecenter Live (free since my wife and I have Rogers cell phone plans) but the thought of having NHL Center Ice, OHL Action Pak, MLB Extra Innings, NBA League Pass and NFL Sunday Ticket all in 1 monthly package has me extremely excited!

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
I've had the Rogers version for several years. The only negative thing about their service is that their channels that the games are on, are not consistant. One week they start at 440, the next week you go to those channels in the 440 range, only to find that they've been moved to 460 and upward. You basically have to "hunt" for the game that you wish to see, and their channel guide really isn't of much help. The high definition versions are again, in another channel series, but since I don't have hi-def, I don't go looking for those. Earlier on, they were very consistant and you could much more easily find the game that you wanted to see.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Got it installed last night!

One question though, the Mississauga vs Oshawa game is scheduled to start at 2 and according to the Guide and SSP PDF schedule it will be on channel 485. Thing is though, it looks like they have the start time at 7. That channel is showing the Yankees-Cardinals game at 2.

Is that an error or is the game showing on tape delay for some reason?

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Got it installed last night!

One question though, the Mississauga vs Oshawa game is scheduled to start at 2 and according to the Guide and SSP PDF schedule it will be on channel 485. Thing is though, it looks like they have the start time at 7. That channel is showing the Yankees-Cardinals game at 2.

Is that an error or is the game showing on tape delay for some reason?
If it is not shown on the channel they show - scroll up of down - it will usually be on there somewhere. Not the first time they have adjusted channels to get everything in.

Edit - Fyi -I have never seen a taped delayed game on the action pack.

Last edited:

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
If it is not shown on the channel they show - scroll up of down - it will usually be on there somewhere. Not the first time they have adjusted channels to get everything in.

Edit - Fyi -I have never seen a taped delayed game on the action pack.

Thanks! I'll just try all of the channels at 2 and hopefully it's on there somewhere.

Edit: Found it on 490. :)

Last edited:

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Absolutely loving the Action Pak on Cogeco. Can't believe I didn't make the swith to Cogeco sooner. It's worth it for the Super Sports Pack alone. :nod:

A buddy of mine wanted me to ask, does anyone know if he were to subscribe to OHL Live online, would he get the same Rogers and Cogeco TV feeds as I would through the Action Pak? Or is it more like the AHL live pack where it's more of a grainy stream of the jumbotron with a radio feed thrown in for audio?

Thanks!

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
Absolutely loving the Action Pak on Cogeco. Can't believe I didn't make the swith to Cogeco sooner. It's worth it for the Super Sports Pack alone. :nod:

A buddy of mine wanted me to ask, does anyone know if he were to subscribe to OHL Live online, would he get the same Rogers and Cogeco TV feeds as I would through the Action Pak? Or is it more like the AHL live pack where it's more of a grainy stream of the jumbotron with a radio feed thrown in for audio?

Thanks!

OHL feeds online are usually the Rogers and Cogeco TV feeds.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I get OHL Action Pack through my Rogers package (so, not Cogeco) - but I think it's got most if not all of the games there - it gets the Ontario based teams - and I think most of the US ones - it gets Erie. I think it might get the others, but i don't really follow the home games of the other US teams outside of Erie.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
I get OHL Action Pack through my Rogers package (so, not Cogeco) - but I think it's got most if not all of the games there - it gets the Ontario based teams - and I think most of the US ones - it gets Erie. I think it might get the others, but i don't really follow the home games of the other US teams outside of Erie.

Rogers TV closed their Mississauga operations today.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Could be just because the MLB season is still on and they only have so many HD channel slots, but with Cogeco it looks like all of the OHL games for this first week of the season at least are in SD only. The playoffs last year were all in HD and I know others have stated the regular season games usually are as well, but I was really disappointed to see that they are only in SD for me with Cogeco right now.

Hoping it's ony for the first week or so. Not to sound spoiled but SD hockey in 2017 is just...blah.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Is it possible to get the OHL action pack if the only cable service you have is Eastlink? We're contemplating a move to an area that only has Eastlink and I'm hoping to get the OHL action-pack.

H44

Aug 31, 2011
Could be just because the MLB season is still on and they only have so many HD channel slots, but with Cogeco it looks like all of the OHL games for this first week of the season at least are in SD only. The playoffs last year were all in HD and I know others have stated the regular season games usually are as well, but I was really disappointed to see that they are only in SD for me with Cogeco right now.

Hoping it's ony for the first week or so. Not to sound spoiled but SD hockey in 2017 is just...blah.

I have had the Action Pak for the last 4 years. Last year all games were in HD, except for the Sault and Sudbury (Eastlink), and not all of the Sault and Sudbury games were televised.

I am waiting to make sure the games are going to be available in HD before I sign up again.

The other problem I have with Cogeco is that the price of the Action Pak is the same as last year, even though NFL Sunday ticket is not part of the package this year (a huge loss).

Awesome, thanks so much guys!

Just ordered Cogeco and will be cancelling Bell. Pretty pumped for the Super Sports Pack. I already have Gamecenter Live (free since my wife and I have Rogers cell phone plans) but the thought of having NHL Center Ice, OHL Action Pak, MLB Extra Innings, NBA League Pass and NFL Sunday Ticket all in 1 monthly package has me extremely excited!

NFL Sunday Ticket is no longer available. Started Sept 1st

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009
On a somewhat related note, an early bird OHL Live subscription costs $279.99. This includes every regular season game but no playoffs.

The early bird NHL.TV subscription is $179.99 and includes every game and the playoffs. I believe there are some blackout restrictions for localized games (Leafs = Ontario) but those are easily worked around.

Both amounts are before HST.

The comparison is laughable. I guess they need all the help they can get after these court battles are completed (if the league still exists by that point).

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
All 7 OHL games tonight are again only in SD with Cogeco. I seriously hope it's only because the MLB season is still going and the HD channel list is limited..

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
All 7 OHL games tonight are again only in SD with Cogeco. I seriously hope it's only because the MLB season is still going and the HD channel list is limited..
Not back in town yet but sounds like I may re-consider getting it this year if it is only in SD. Did you contact Cogeco and ask them why?

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Not back in town yet but sounds like I may re-consider getting it this year if it is only in SD. Did you contact Cogeco and ask them why?

Haven't yet but I'll probably shoot them an email.

The only online schedule I can find for the Super Sports Pak is through Eastlink and I noticed that all of their OHL games for the month of September are also SD only, so it looks like it's all of the providers and not just Cogeco.

NHL, MLB and College Football show on the HD Channels just like with Cogeco, so I'm still going to hope and assume it's an issue with the baseball season sill being on and the fact it takes up so many of the HD slots nightly.

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
Tonight in Kingston's Cogeco land, all the games are listed in SD, EXCEPT for Ottawa at Saginaw which is listed in HD, go figure.

There are lots of open available HD channels so there is no excuse for not broadcasting the OHL games in HD too. Last year they did both as not everyone has HD in their homes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad