Ohio State Vs Michigan: Out doors.

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
Of all the possibly great outdoor venues in either Michigan or Ohio, they pick Progressive Field? :confused:

They could've filled the Horseshoe in C-bus easily for this.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Of all the possibly great outdoor venues in either Michigan or Ohio, they pick Progressive Field? :confused:

Closest thing to neutral ground between the two. Toledo is contested territory.

That said, I would have loved to see it in the 'Shoe. Alas.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
May have to go to this one. Never been to an outdoor game!

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009

If this game was at the 'shoe I would be there.

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
I'd be stunned if this sells out, it's an odd choice for a venue. Ohio State is the home team for the entire state, but football and hockey are different beasts altogether and I'm not certain that the hockey team can really draw in a huge venue, especially outside of their own market. I'd be surprised if they could actually draw at the Horseshoe... it's not a hockey school by any stretch

As a Michigan fan, though, I look forward to further embarrassment for OSU and, most importantly, the W (even though it's a given).

And what's this BS about Toldeo being "contested"? Maybe if you define "contested" as "60/40 Michigan fans"... check out the list of most popular sports articles on the Toledo Blade's website this fall and you'll see who's king (though perhaps that just proves Buckeye fans are generally not literate? ;))

CloakroomCrusader

Dec 3, 2005
Columbus
I'd be stunned if this sells out, it's an odd choice for a venue. Ohio State is the home team for the entire state, but football and hockey are different beasts altogether and I'm not certain that the hockey team can really draw in a huge venue, especially outside of their own market. I'd be surprised if they could actually draw at the Horseshoe... it's not a hockey school by any stretch

As a Michigan fan, though, I look forward to further embarrassment for OSU and, most importantly, the W (even though it's a given).

And what's this BS about Toldeo being "contested"? Maybe if you define "contested" as "60/40 Michigan fans"... check out the list of most popular sports articles on the Toledo Blade's website this fall and you'll see who's king (though perhaps that just proves Buckeye fans are generally not literate? ;))

I don't think anyone from Ohio really cares about Toledo soooo

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I thought the first one was hosted by Michigan State, or am I missing some long past history?

It was but they played Michigan. This is going to be Michigan's fourth time playing an outdoor game but only one has been what you could call a home game. They played at Michigan State, at Wisconsin, they played at the Big House last year which was their home game and then this game in Cleveland.

I don't really have a big problem with them hosting or playing the game or whatever. How many teams are there in college hockey? Like 80? And a lot of those schools are small (Ferris State, Lake Superior State, Army, RIT, Alaska Fairbanks, Alaska Anchorage, Merrimack etc.) There aren't a lot of schools that can support an outdoor game.

Booom

Jan 1, 2011
It was but they played Michigan. This is going to be Michigan's fourth time playing an outdoor game but only one has been what you could call a home game. They played at Michigan State, at Wisconsin, they played at the Big House last year which was their home game and then this game in Cleveland.

I don't really have a big problem with them hosting or playing the game or whatever. How many teams are there in college hockey? Like 80? And a lot of those schools are small (Ferris State, Lake Superior State, Army, RIT, Alaska Fairbanks, Alaska Anchorage, Merrimack etc.) There aren't a lot of schools that can support an outdoor game.

Exactly, Michigan plays every game because they can fill a stadium. Would be nice to see agamesMinnesota and North Dakota (if they even have a stadium capable of holding it or enough people in the state to fill said stadium)

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Exactly, Michigan plays every game because they can fill a stadium. Would be nice to see agamesMinnesota and North Dakota (if they even have a stadium capable of holding it or enough people in the state to fill said stadium)

Minnesota vs North Dakota or Wisconsin at TCF Bank Stadium or Target Field would be pretty cool. Maybe if the Wild can get a Winter Classic they can do a double header of sorts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad