Oh oh....Something bad is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buffalo, NY

It's Official. The prodigal son of Buffalo has returned. After pulling a disappearing act of epic proportions for the last few months, Joshua Pitt came out of hiding this morning and announced to the world that he was back and at 100%, filled with a new vigour and ready to inject the much needed jump back into the league.

When asked where he was, Pitt replied "As most of you know, I was a part of the admin team for the league and was involved in secret talks over the new TV and NHLPA deals. Unfortunately the TV deal was done in such a secure and secret location that we didn't know where we were. Mr Murdoch is like that. He kept talking about Ted Turner stealing his cookies while he was sleeping. I thought it was just a case of Cabin Fever, but I dunno, I swear I saw him up there once or twice... And as for the delay...It's a tough trip from the North Pole when you've only got a few jumpers and a a pair of skates."

When someone mentioned good old Saint Nick. Pitt laughed. "Isn't he supposed to be in St.Louis? Well...that's at least that's the way he tells it :D I'm not claiming to be Chris Cringle, but lets just say i have a few goodies in my bag of tricks for the Kids in Buffalo, and they'll arrive long before Christmas!"

When asked how he felt about the league...Pitt had this to say...

"I'm itching to get things rolling again. I'm back at 100% and bursting at the seams to get this done. Hurricane Josh is on his way through the league! Apparrently the league can't start without me it seems :D "

As for the upcoming season and the potential trade front that normally hits this time of year?

" I can already smell the fear." he said with a grin. "Everybody has been busy trying to be the king in my absence...but there's just one major problem...The Ace is now firmly back in the deck."

Asked about his team's chances?

"We'll make the playoffs...after that, who knows? But expect an improvement on last season...tough as that may be to achieve."

And then he left with a rush, saying something about working the phones.

Guess life is going to get real interesting around the leage real soon!

Buffalo Bill,
Hockey Editor for The Buffalo News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad