Confirmed with Link: Oh My Gourde! Yanni Gourde re-signed 6 yrs 5.166 AAV

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This is awesome news. We're gonna have to make a move or two in the off-season, but I'm happy to see we're prioritizing Gourde. He's too unique to let go. Our only garbage goal guy.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
A little much but I suppose the salary cap will increase. Now buy out Kilorn in the offseason and we’re all good.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
With Gourde taken care of I think we'll keep Stralman around and go for one last big push for Karlsson and possibly Panarin as an alternative. Who goes is anyone's guess. I can't see a world where we still hang on to Callahan. Miller, Killorn, Girardi and Coburn seem to be possible targets too.

If we fail to win the Cup I hope we do something aggressive. We are in year 6 with this core group.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I'm very happy for Gourde, he has earned this and I'm looking forward to scremaing "YANNI!!" for many years to come.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
"This place is amazing. It's so much fun to be a part of this. The organization is a great fit for me, the way we play, the way I play. The city is amazing. I never really even considered playing anywhere else. This is where I want to be. This is where my family wants to be.
My agent and (Lightning general manager) Julien (BriseBois) were in preliminary talks over the summer about signing a long-term deal with the team. I think they wanted to keep me this summer, and obviously it didn't quite work out this summer but as soon as the season started I think Julien wanted to get a deal completed. They called my agent and tried to set it up as quick as possible. I think stability-wise, it's a great move for me and my family to sign a long-term deal here and not have to worry about what's going to happen after this season. My wife Marie [Marie-Andree Gourde] and I have traveled a lot throughout my career. It's going to be so much easier to be here for the next six years. We know everything about the area. Marie loves the area, is familiar with the area, feels comfortable here. It's just great we have that stability and will be around the same team. We had a lot of talks about what was going to happen after this season was over, but it was still pretty early in the process to be honest. Our priority was to sign here, and it just makes so much sense. This organization is just a great fit for me hockey-wise, and it's a great fit for my family off the ice. It was an offer I couldn't refuse.

I just signed an incredible contract that will allow me to play with an organization I love and set up my family for life, but, for me, it doesn't stop there. I have to keep working and keep proving people wrong. Some people are going to say the Lightning paid me too much money or signed me for too long. I'm just going to go out there and prove people wrong and keep working my ass off and playing the same way. I'm the same person. I'm always going to be Yanni Gourde, and I'm always going to try to be relentless on the puck and be that type of hockey player."

In their own Words: Yanni Gourde on his new contract

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Favorite forward, always tenacious, smart, and produces.

We have a lot of decisions to make coming up though.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. This takes Yanni's mind off money worries and now he can just do what he does best: Skate his arse off! I love it. In the long term BB and the scouts are setting up a Detroit like long term pipeline for young players coming up which says "if you stay together and play well, we will take care of you at the NHL level." That message has now been heard from the juniors to Syracuse and will resonate for years to come.

euro35

Oct 31, 2009
**** yes, that means someone has to be on the move this summer. Number is right where I projected, if Point comes in under 5.5m all we need to do is get rid of Callahan's contact and we'll be fine.

Stralman would need to take 4-4.5 to remain here, which is possible.
no chance

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Kucherov accepted less than Killorn for his bridge, ha ha
I dont think there is another player as naive as Kucherov (in terms of money) :laugh:
And the way Point's playing now, he is going to cost us an arm and a leg, no matter bridge or no bridge.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Favorite forward, always tenacious, smart, and produces.

We have a lot of decisions to make coming up though.
We got some tough decisions coming for sure they have to clear out cap space this summer and definitely the next summer as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->