Confirmed with Link: Oh My Gourde! Yanni Gourde re-signed 6 yrs 5.166 AAV

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Love it! Played great so far as a member of the Lightning. Happy that he will be here for the long haul.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Who would've thought two years ago we would give him a contract like this. Or even a year ago.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Was hoping a mil less but the way he's playing this season that wasn't happening. Good deal but we got to clear up some cap, looking at you Callahan, for next year.

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Nice that we gave him his chance and he has taken it with ease. Such a under rated player to this team and has started the season so well. Deserves that contract, well done to everyone involved.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
This past offseason many were saying we let him walk after this year.

Something was clearly off in the postseason. I would assume he was hurt, but maybe he wasnt getting any sleep with a new baby at home? Either way, guy has been our second best forward so far this year.

I look forward to him having completely lost his motor two years from now, similar to all players under cooper, so I can bitch about him. Kidding, kid deserves it.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Was hoping a mil less but the way he's playing this season that wasn't happening. Good deal but we got to clear up some cap, looking at you Callahan, for next year.

Was thinking he would have settle for the same sort of money as Miller with the same sort of length. Think Callahan and AK will be looked to be moved on at the end season.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'm pretty sure I called Gourde something like a bottom six energy player at most after that 20 game run at the end of 2016-17 and was thoughtful deep into last season with him. Crazy how he has developed.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I'm pretty sure I called Gourde something like a bottom six energy player at most after that 20 game run at the end of 2016-17 and was thoughtful deep into last season with him. Crazy how he has developed.

Nobody saw him in the top-6 let alone a key clog there.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Soooo glad to see this! A bit more than I expected but he's been outstanding. Murray is a scouting deity!! As others have said, Gourde has often been our second best forward on the ice. Might have to get the Oh My Gourde t-shirt now. ;)

**** yes, that means someone has to be on the move this summer. Number is right where I projected, if Point comes in under 5.5m all we need to do is get rid of Callahan's contact and we'll be fine.

Stralman would need to take 4-4.5 to remain here, which is possible.

I think that's very possible. He's currently making 4.5 so, at his age, he would almost certainly take an extension of his current contract for another couple years. But I also think he'd be willing to take 4 or even 3.8 or so at this point in his career and for the stability it would offer his family for at least another two or three years.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
What do you think Point accepts?

2-3 year bridge, we can afford to give him a good raise afterwards. Guys like Killorn and Palat will be entering their final years of their contracts then and easier to move if we need, Carle buyout off the books.

I'll say 5.5m, HF main expolodes.

Last edited:

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Callahan leaving is a given. Palat/Johnson/Killorn all have full NTC until at least 2020-21. Extra room might have to come at the hands of trading Miller, unless we can convince one of those three to waive.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
2-3 year bridge, we can afford to give him a good raise afterwards. Guys like Killorn and Johnson will be entering their final years of their contracts then and easier to move if we need, Carle buyout off the books.

I'll say 5.5m, HF main expolodes.

That would be a pretty sweet deal, and our best case scenario. Get the most out of all of our locked up forwards, and then time their departure with Point/Sergachev/Vasilevskiy raises.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yanni Gourde used buddy Jonathan Marchessault as his “role model,”following a similar path as an undrafted and undersized player to a top-line role in the NHL.

And now, like Vegas’ Marchessault, Gourde has his own life-changing payday.

The Lightning locked up Gourde on Friday with a six-year extension worth an average of $5.166 million a year. Gourde, 26, was due for a hefty raise this summer as an unrestricted free agent, and after a strong start this season (12 points in the first 12 games), Tampa Bay got working on a deal this week.

“I’m not going to sit on that (deal),” Gourde said Friday. “In this league, you can’t sit on anything. I’ll keep being me and working hard, trying to keep making myself and my teammates better.”

Happy for both these guys getting rewarded, it's not about cashing out for them it's about finally getting a chance and being rewarded.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
How the **** did Killorn get a ntc? One of my biggest annoyances with yzerman is handing them out like candy.

Yeah, worst deal to be honest. I like Killorn but he got TERM, MONEY and NTC. He should've gotten just one of those.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->