Oh my gosh- Canada brought over its own cheerleaders!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

puck57

Dec 21, 2004
I was watching the Canada-Italy women's hockey game and they showed Canadian cheerleaders in the stands cheering after a Canadian goal. I have NEVER seen this before for the Olympics- anyone else see that? I guess they will be cheering at the men's games too- that should provide some levity for Canada!

Pothier

Aug 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I saw that, too.

I'm thinking that they were hired by the people who run the Olympics....they seemed to be wearing neutral colours.

So yeah, I don't think they're cheering for either team, just employed by the Olympics.

thenextone

Mar 19, 2005
New York City
attendance at the Torino games is gonna be a monumental failure.

They had to resort to selling many high level tickets to the hockey games to school children as class field trips

puck57

Dec 21, 2004
Battochio30 said:
I saw that, too.

I'm thinking that they were hired by the people who run the Olympics....they seemed to be wearing neutral colours.

So yeah, I don't think they're cheering for either team, just employed by the Olympics.

Oh- I never thought of that- I guess that they must just be ones hired by the Olympics.

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
Man, if thats true, I hope they hired the Nashville Predator's cheerleaders.

I love hockey, but let's just say, they were a bit distracting.

:naughty: :banana: :naughty: :banana: :naughty: :banana:

VladNYC*

U sure they are canadian cheerleaders? I have seen cheetleaders in every womens game so far.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
thenextone said:
attendance at the Torino games is gonna be a monumental failure.

They had to resort to selling many high level tickets to the hockey games to school children as class field trips
wow, a monumental failure.

i didn't know about the tickets to the school children.. if that is true i guess it is only for women games cause for many men games it's been difficult to find any tickets along the last month.. despite the prices that are too high.

oh, and cheerleaders were already hired for the test events in November..

Last edited:

Zero

Dec 1, 2003
Arizona
Battochio30 said:
I saw that, too.

Yes... they were at the USA game, too.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Shouldn't cheerleaders in a women's hockey game be male Chippendale dancers? It only seems fair that men should get to show off their bodies as much as women.... ;)

SENSational

Mar 26, 2004
Ottawa
octopi said:
Shouldn't cheerleaders in a women's hockey game be male Chippendale dancers? It only seems fair that men should get to show off their bodies as much as women.... ;)

No, No, No................NO

VladNYC*

The cheerleaders aren't for the players stupid, they are for the fans. They are trying to attrack a certain demographic and chippendale dancers won't do it

I am Jack's Fish

octopi said:

Frankly I would find that highly offensive and objectifying to men if they were cheerleaders.

For shame woman, for shame!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->