OH BABY! New York Rangers 1994 Stanley Cup Video

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Noonan scored the goal...he was the last to touch the puck...Messier waved and fanned on the puck and never touched it...but of course Mess took credit for the goal and never said a thing, Noonan scored the famous cup winning goal.

I was always convinced that Noonan scored that goal but with Messier's legacy at the time, he got credit for it, similar to Ovechkin and Crosby winning the Conn Smythe based on reputation rather than on-ice performance. Don't get me wrong, they were good in their respective cup runs, but Kessel and Kuznetsov were robbed

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
I don't know if I still have this video somewhere. I might have to look.

I was at the Garden for game 7 when we won the Cup. I used to say that it was the greatest day of my life. The scene at the Garden was incredible. The walk out of MSG was incredible. I got interviewed live outside MSG by CBS news. When I was asked how it felt to finally win the Cup, for some reason I blurted out: "F*** the Islanders". The panic in that reporter's face as they quickly cut away.

We were hugging and hive-fiving any Rangers fan we saw in the streets that night. We drank free all night long. Bartenders at every bar were just either handing out shots or pouring bottles into your mouth. I stayed in the city drinking all night long. I went straight to work at Atlantic Records that morning in my Rangers jersey. I went into a staircase that no one ever used and slept for a couple of hours.

I was supposed to move to Florida that week, but I waited until the Parade and moved the next day. It was just an incredible unforgettable experience.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I still hope I can get my hands on games 1 through 5 of the ECF one day. I have every other game of the 1994 play offs but am still looking to add those 5 games to my collection

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I still hope I can get my hands on games 1 through 5 of the ECF one day. I have every other game of the 1994 play offs but am still looking to add those 5 games to my collection

They released a DVD boxset a few years back with every game of the ECF and SCF plus highlights of the 1st 2 rounds. I'm sure there'd be copies floating around on ebay etc

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
They released a DVD boxset a few years back with every game of the ECF and SCF plus highlights of the 1st 2 rounds. I'm sure there'd be copies floating around on ebay etc
I have the set. It has all ecf and scf games. Wish they had the first two rounds though.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Soon we will be 25 years removed from 1994. That's a life time for sure, time to get another one.

There's only so many re-runs I can watch of Seinfeld or The Office before I thirst for new episodes.

Idk. People are living a lot longer. A lifetime was only 25 years back on the Oregon trail.

How do you know Sam wasn't thinking of all those Japanese centenarians?

I'm not sure how old you are, but aside from picking another team, my best advice for seeing a broadway cup in your life time is to take your multivitamins and use plenty of sunscreen.

Good luck!

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Idk. People are living a lot longer. A lifetime was only 25 years back on the Oregon trail.

How do you know Sam wasn't thinking of all those Japanese centenarians?

I'm not sure how old you are, but aside from picking another team, my best advice for seeing a broadway cup in your life time is to take your multivitamins and use plenty of sunscreen.

Good luck!

You are depressing me. :(

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
outscored them 22-3...so 19 goal differential is right

6-0, 6-0, 5-1, 5-2
That is an absolute drudging. I'm sure after they dispensed with Washington people thought they would cakewalk to the Cup.

Metranger

May 22, 2015
Hmmm. I'm getting the following message and it won't play!

This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
I really want to see the body bagging they put on the Islanders.

In terms of goal differential, that has to be one of the most crushingly lopsided playoff series ever, no?

It's definitely up there. I think the Detroit Red Wings dismantled the Sharks in the 95 playoffs in a similar fashion though as revenge for being upset in 94.

I have the DVD box set and wish the first two rounds were on it as well, just to see them cakewalk through the first two rounds before the NJ and VAN series.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Can anyone help me acquire games 1 through 5 of the ECF vs NJD? I have all games of rounds 1 and 2 but only games 6 and 7 of the ECF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad