OH BABY! New York Rangers 1994 Stanley Cup Video

Dangleberry

Feb 21, 2012
Queens, NY
Thanks for sharing this. I wish I could've learned about hockey a few years earlier so I could watch the 94 team play.

BTW: The 80s music rocks.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
No not Glenn Anderson.....he definitely meant Peter Andersson who in the video was part of the "black aces" that didn't play many games for the rangers. he was drafted by the rangers in 1983 (73rd overall) and he played in 31 games in the 92-93 season and 8 games in the 93-94 season before being dealt to the Florida Panthers

I see, thanks for the info.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Man, reminds me how unreal Richter was in those playoffs. Same goes for Leetch.

I wish they'd release this on DVD. Can't even find it online for less than like $80. I always remember seeing the commercials for it after 94 and into 95.

EDIT: Found VHS on ebay for like $16. Bought. Complete my 1994 collection.

Last edited:

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Thank you so much for posting this.

I was a teenager watching our team march through the playoffs that year. I made sure to watch every game. I still remember being at a huge house party on the night Messier guaranteed victory and I found a 12" or 14" TV in a bedroom and watched the whole game.

I partied to the wee hours when they won. :yo:

That video brought back alot of memories, the moments in the games etc.

Thanks again so much.

GoAwayGiannone

Feb 2, 2012
Queens, New York
I want JD back :cry:
Boy oh boy what a feel good run that was. I suggest we all create a separate savings account for game 7 final seats when ever that happens, cause I shudder at the thought of the prices for even the worst seats.

Ruotsalainen29

Zhoo-Zhitsu!
Apr 17, 2007
NJ
Install Real Player, afterwards go to Youtube and while playing the video, download the stream using Real Player.

Easier option: Go to Savevid.com and download it through there

Or you can download a free program called Free Youtube Downloader that allows you to convert it to many different formats. Just make sure you don't opt in (deselect) the other options. Works like a charm.

SupersonicMonkey*

Haven't seen this in many years. I get goose bumps every time I see the Cup being raised by Messier.

This video should be shown to every player on this Rangers club.

Tweet it to every single one of them.

You want that Cup? GO GET IT.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Haven't seen this in many years. I get goose bumps every time I see the Cup being raised by Messier.

This video should be shown to every player on this Rangers club.

Tweet it to every single one of them.

You want that Cup? GO GET IT.

What you are saying here is the biggest difference between the Cup-winning club and this year's team. Back then, Keenan/Messier/Graves focused on the importance of TALKING about the Cup and the parade and the standings because they wanted to win. This year's team is extremely quiet about it all because Tortorella wants them to feel like they haven't won anything yet.

RUSF18

Nov 10, 2010
Crazy memories for me as well. I was turning 11 a few months after the Cup and I remember first buying the "official" Cup tape that was more of a playoff recap with less of a focus on the regular season. When "Oh Baby!" came out, I must have watched it every day for months.

Can't wait to download this somewhere later on, thanks for posting.

eta: This is the one I had first:
http://linkandpin.ecrater.com/p/10444473/1994-york-rangers-stanley-cup-champions

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
JD has the greatest laugh of all time btw, :laugh:.

I'll always remember that Kovalev goal against Toronto when the Rangers clinched the President's trophy.

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
I'll always have a fondness for the 89-90 video "Poised For Glory".

http://www.amazon.com/Rangers-Poised-Glory-New-York/dp/6301801679

My first year as a Ranger fan, Leetch and Richter were so young. Lots of great off ice footage also.

I have that video too....haven't seen it in a while.....if i'm correct there is a part of the video where they focus on darren turcotte and his break out year with the rangers in 89-90 and lol they follow him to his apartment and show him cooking food right?....can't remember which team mates he was eating with???

DeViLzzz*

Many of these type of videos need to be rereleased by the NHL on dvd and blu-ray. I know I would buy some New Jersey Devils videos I don't have.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Bump this thread.

Anyone have the cover of this for use in Plex? I can't find one anywhere.

Best one I can find...

41jz56XmtEL.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->