Offside Tavern

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Hi all,
Will be staying in Soho in early October and as well as catching a couple of games at the Coliseum am thinking about heading to the Offside Tavern to watch the clash with Carolina on Oct 11.
I'm sure a few of you have been there, worth wandering down for the game?

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Hi all,
Will be staying in Soho in early October and as well as catching a couple of games at the Coliseum am thinking about heading to the Offside Tavern to watch the clash with Carolina on Oct 11.
Definitely

Reactions: Riseonfire

Shot of Bailey

Apr 9, 2013
PEI, Canada
Hi all,
My wife and I are heading down on the 4th for the home opener and also the game vs Wpg. We are thinking about heading the Edm game at the Tavern...keep reading how awesome the experience is

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Hi all,

It is! It will be crowded -- and to be completely honest -- this is NOT an upscale bar. It's a kinda dingy, dirty, watering hole-- if you blink, you'll miss it. Food was decent and its filled with Isles fans, so ya gotta love that part.

If you are solo, then you are ok -- if you are with wife/family -- perhaps plan to stay for a period or so before you get the look of death from the others.. :)

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
It is! It will be crowded -- and to be completely honest -- this is NOT an upscale bar. It's a kinda dingy, dirty, watering hole-- if you blink, you'll miss it. Food was decent and its filled with Isles fans, so ya gotta love that part.

If you are solo, then you are ok -- if you are with wife/family -- perhaps plan to stay for a period or so before you get the look of death from the others.. :)
Oh my god you ate there? :) I don't think I'd do that... Tons of great restaurants nearby.

Yeah the place is a dive. I was there for a playoff game and the place was extremely crowded. 90% of the crowd is dudes in their 20's and 30's. Pretty rowdy atmosphere. Agree with Bones - don't bring your family. Though I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised by how diverse the crowd was. Black, Latino, gay (well it is in Chelsea) Isles fans representing... Not sure you'd have that without the move to Barclays. Probably wouldn't have Offside Tavern either... Maybe that is the silver lining of the foray into Brooklyn - at least slightly penetrated the NYC market and planted some seeds...

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Sort of like what's happened with Bagel Boss, the place gets a lot of free advertising from Islanders fans now.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Sort of like what's happened with Bagel Boss, the place gets a lot of free advertising from Islanders fans now.

Back in the 80s the only Bagel Boss was South Oyster Bay Rd and Woodbury rd . It had only a small counter with bins full of bagels and a small fridge if you needed cream cheese or butter. Nothing better at 4am after a night out than an always hot Bagel Boss bagel.
( or 2 ) . I remember they always had these giant brown bags filled with bagels and vans constantly picking them up for delivery . Now there is a bagel store on every corner and most of them suck . Can I say that ?

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Back in the 80s the only Bagel Boss was South Oyster Bay Rd and Woodbury rd . It had only a small counter with bins full of bagels and a small fridge if you needed cream cheese or butter. Nothing better at 4am after a night out than an always hot Bagel Boss bagel.
( or 2 ) . I remember they always had these giant brown bags filled with bagels and vans constantly picking them up for delivery . Now there is a bagel store on every corner and most of them suck . Can I say that ?

You must be quite picky.

A and S bagels on 24 in Franklin square after Dublin Pub. That's where its at.

Reactions: MattMartin

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
If anyone is interested, on opening night we are meeting at the Blue Oyster Bar. Great place, P.M. for address.
Can’t wait!

AccurateForkedIslandwhistler-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: MattMartin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad