Offseason Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
If the Pens decide they don't want to pay Aston-Reese for some reason, I'd like him on the Avs. He's a pretty good defensive forward, and a trio of Nuke, Jost and ZAR would be a pain to play against.
ZAR would be a good fit on this team, but more in a 4th line role than on the 3rd line due to his limited offensive production.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
ZAR would be a good fit on this team, but more in a 4th line role than on the 3rd line due to his limited offensive production.

I honestly feel that the limited offensive upside from the 3rd line is going to be something we will have to live with. However, Montreal showed that if there is cohesion on those offensively-limited lines, they can still be really effective. I don't think JTC completes that Jost-Nuke line, they need someone with better defensive instincts and effort. I'd honestly trial LOC on that line to see if they gel.

Reactions: Richard88

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I honestly feel that the limited offensive upside from the 3rd line is going to be something we will have to live with. However, Montreal showed that if there is cohesion on those offensively-limited lines, they can still be really effective. I don't think JTC completes that Jost-Nuke line, they need someone with better defensive instincts and effort. I'd honestly trial LOC on that line to see if they gel.
I agree about JTC not fitting well with Jost/Nichuskin. But it's not like we have many options in the middle 6. Hopefully Kaut can surprise at camp and push Compher to 4RW.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I agree about JTC not fitting well with Jost/Nichuskin. But it's not like we have many options in the middle 6. Hopefully Kaut can surprise at camp and push Compher to 4RW.

Kaut theoretically could fit there, but he needs to come in like he wants the job. During his first call up he played like his life depended on him going all out, but he also looked gassed every shift. When he got called up this year, he seemed almost too comfortable and wasn't bringing as much of that hustle. He's one of those guys where I'm still not sure if he will put it all together.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com

O'Connor should be the guy in that slot. I'm still hoping they just find a new landing spot for him.

I also don't think Maltsev's spot is a given. If they go with JTC at 4LW, where he was actually quite effective for a short stint this season, that might mean Helm is at 4C with LOC on the other side.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
228955391_4567486046618496_3839816233020125639_n.jpg

NOT saying this is in good taste but I did see this on facebook of all places lol.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Are college prospects allowed to play in this? If not, there's no way we can even ice half a team lol

Nope... the college guys will be in school.

Avs would be sending a lot of guys in their 2nd or 3rd pro years most likely. Bowers, Henry, Maltsev likely going. Could see Newhook too.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
O'Connor should be the guy in that slot. I'm still hoping they just find a new landing spot for him.

I also don't think Maltsev's spot is a given. If they go with JTC at 4LW, where he was actually quite effective for a short stint this season, that might mean Helm is at 4C with LOC on the other side.
Hook/Naz/Bura
Malt/Jost/Nuke
LOC/Helm/JTC

Any way you rearrange that bottom 6, I'm having a hard time seeing much production. Maybe if you flip Nuke and Hook, and put LOC with Hook and Jost you might have something...

Nuke/Naz/Bura
Hook/Jost/LOC
Helm/Malt/JTC

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The Devils have really taken a large step forward this offseason. If Hughes breaks out, they could be really solid and in the playoffs.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think if he didn’t get Covid last year Hughes would’ve been his true breakout season.

He showed the flashes and was close. I don't know if Covid stopped it, the horrendous PP, or just lack of any real puck movement from the backend... I think he'll break out in a big way next year. Hamilton changes the whole defense and PP on his own... then adding Graves should give them a solid top 4. Adding Tatar stabilizes players up front with Foote and Holtz on the verge of stepping in. Really solid top 9 if Hughes becomes a 1C.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Hook/Naz/Tank
Nuke/Jost/Bura
Helm/Malt/LOC

If he stays healthy, I could get behind that.

If his shoulder decides to time travel to a time when it was healthy, I'd have a great time watching Bura-Hook-Tank; just two of the leagues elite wristers between a high potential rookie. Unfortunately, that's just a pipe dream.

If I recall correctly, there were some rumours that the Avs were interested in Tarasenko in his draft year, but then St. Louis moved into a spot to grab him right before the Avs pick and they ended up gambling on Hishon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->