Speculation: Offseason Thread: ideas, proposals, general roster discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
MOD EDIT:
The previous lineup/lines thread hit 40 pages. Enjoy the new one, into which I dragged some of the recent
chatter.

never heard of this guy/don't know his credibility but this tweet is blowing up (kinda), so I guess he has somewhat of a good reputation?

Last edited by a moderator:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Maybe im alone in my thoughts but I feel like I have a bit different vision than others. Id try out something like:

Texier-Dubois-Bjorkstrand
Nyquist-Domi-Bemstrom
Foligno-Jenner-Atkinson
Foudy-Nash-Grigorenko

I want to see Bemstrom in an offensive role and if he can develop chemistry with Domi the payoff could be huge. I would however be quick to switch Nyquist with Foligno if that line looks overwhelmeld

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I am still waiting for a No. 1 LW. Domi is a great start but I hope he is not teh end of the offensive rebuild.

Reactions: 5th Line Fanatic

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I am still waiting for a No. 1 LW. Domi is a great start but I hope he is not teh end of the offensive rebuild.
Well, we need to sign Domi who reportedly asks for $5-6m per year, PLD and Gavrikov. Might be tough to land some big fish

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Don't worry about that, with the flat cap salary demands will get depressed.... CBJ should hopefully get the best of what Domi can offer, if he's playing for his next contract.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Well to it seems that the "base package" trade for our new LW will consist of Korpisalo, Savard and Bemstrum.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I feel like having Foligno play wing for Domi could try to recreate his Shaw season. Maybe a line like:
fligs - Domi - Gus (yes he's rw too)

It feels like Cam should go back to his dubi/Calvert days. Grigs is a wildcard since he's really a winger now but has never been hugely physical. Plus Bemstrom really needs to find his way to some skill ama Bjorkstrand rather than being stuck with Nash.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Big fish incoming and we have all the pieces still what we expect. Korpi+Bem+Savard+Murray and now we can add MTL 3rd in.

If those pieces cant land a FISH what can?

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Big fish incoming and we have all the pieces still what we expect. Korpi+Bem+Savard+Murray and now we can add MTL 3rd in.

If those pieces cant land a FISH what can?
Well, if we buyout Wennberg, we should have around $13m in cap space, while we also need to sign PLD, Domi and Gav. It might not be easy to land someone like Gaudreau or Laine with their contracts

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
we’re looking for another center?

We still have the same centers as last year, yes we need centers. Especially so if Wennberg gets bought out, which is very likely.

Domi might start at C, but I don't think that experiment will last very long unless Torts decides to stop paying attention when that line is on the ice. That relationship will be a doozy.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Well, if we buyout Wennberg, we should have around $13m in cap space, while we also need to sign PLD, Domi and Gav. It might not be easy to land someone like Gaudreau or Laine with their contracts

Thats true. 13M is not enough for those 3players. But trades will be happening and Jarmo is genius and he will land scoring winger. :cool:

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
gut feeling: korpisalo and wennberg are both gone by Monday. (korpisalo via trade, wennberg via buyout)

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
We simply have too many players on our roster. Thus I expect some 2 for 1 or draft pick trades to be coming up this week.

I was hoping that the Jackets would sign Hoffman for the LW but I'm not sure that is feasible given the cap situation. Best bet is now a two fer (or more fer) trade as EDM suggests.

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
I think the Murray trade shows us exactly how much value we should expect for either Korpi or Elvis.

Late 1st, IMO, isn't a bad return. Now they need to go capitalize on someone's need.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I think the Murray trade shows us exactly how much value we should expect for either Korpi or Elvis.

Late 1st, IMO, isn't a bad return. Now they need to go capitalize on someone's need.
If thats what they got for a 2 time cup winning goalie I would think our goalies with minimal #1 goalie experience and minimal playoff experience at this level would bring a lot less unless packaged with more. I keep both. It would have to be an unbelieveable offer to part with one of them plus a high quality asset.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Moch Daear

Jan 9, 2011
If thats what they got for a 2 time cup winning goalie I would think our goalies with minimal #1 goalie experience and minimal playoff experience at this level would bring a lot less unless packaged with more. I keep both. It would have to be an unbelieveable offer to part with one of them plus a high quality asset.

I think the depth in the goalie market is driving the price down.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

my first thought after seeing that return.. though we definitely have the non-core pieces to get a better return

I think the depth in the goalie market is driving the price down.
not the best news for us... but it also was kinda the perception to begin with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad